Well done CCA!

Uboat

May 17, 2005
Great to hear that CCA and Westwood are so on the ball, and even better to see Canada's pro team getting such a large budget! Rumor is they are at half a mill in cash!!! That means everyone gets paid, from riders to staff, paid well, and they can do lots of races all over the world. Hopefully they can keep doing lots of great races, scoring lots of UCI points and trying to lead the America Tour. Symmetrics is great news for everyone and it's good to see the CCA supporting them!

http://www.symmetricscycling.com/race/2006/04_30_06_report.aspx

i'm far from an expert on this stuff, but maybe the cca should consider hiring symmmetric's marketing guy/girl.
"support" is great, buy who's taking the initiative?
not trying to provoke; i'm just asking a question.

and for what it's worth, i heard lori-ann meunzner (sorry for the misspelling) on cbc's inside track today and she basically confirmed what ea has been saying all along: she had zero support at the olympics.
not only did she ride a bike that was one kilogram heavier than her competitors, she had to rely on the australian coach to provide her a disc wheel, record her training times and pump her ****ing tires.
what a disgrace.

Can't comment on the CCA but I do think Symmetrics is excellent for Canadian cycling. It really gives the young guys incentive; there's really something there for them if they excel. Congrats to Symmetrics!

I hope to see them out again at Bastion Square. Maybe Roland Green won't show up this time.
wink.gif

Jon Jonson said:
and for what it's worth, i heard lori-ann meunzner (sorry for the misspelling) on cbc's inside track today and she basically confirmed what ea has been saying all along: she had zero support at the olympics.
not only did she ride a bike that was one kilogram heavier than her competitors, she had to rely on the australian coach to provide her a disc wheel, record her training times and pump her ****ing tires.
what a disgrace.

It's been this way since I can remember, and that is from the mid 70's.

Uboat said:
Great to hear that CCA and Westwood are so on the ball, and even better to see Canada's pro team getting such a large budget! Rumor is they are at half a mill in cash!!! That means everyone gets paid, from riders to staff, paid well, and they can do lots of races all over the world. Hopefully they can keep doing lots of great races, scoring lots of UCI points and trying to lead the America Tour. Symmetrics is great news for everyone and it's good to see the CCA supporting them!

http://www.symmetricscycling.com/race/2006/04_30_06_report.aspx
Explain to me what the CCA and Westwood have done to make Symmetrics a success??????

It has been almost an entirley private show, as have all the other successes in CDN cycling in the past.

If anything the CCA is an impediment.

While you're at it, tell us what Kim Sebrango has done for the CCA as Marketing Director after almost a year????

CCA members get a disocunt on their HR Block tax returns and can get a measly disocunt at Delta Hotels which none of the CCA members use anyway.

One year on the job and that is the **** she has delivered.

What is the prize money for the Canada Cup Series???? Anybody?? Where are the new events?

The CDN cycling scene is a pathetic mess thanks to the legacy of Bill Kinash which inlcudes hiring non-cycling people like Steve Lacelle and Sebrango to run a sport they know nothing about.

What is your doctor's name? I'd suggest upping or changing your meds, Ed.
My post was simply stating that Kris W on behalf of the CCA was very on the ball, helping out the team and going above and beyond the call of duty. Sounds like the Symmetrics guys were pretty impressed with him too, if you read the story.

Good day sir.

Eddie Arzouian said:
Explain to me what the CCA and Westwood have done to make Symmetrics a success??????

It has been almost an entirley private show, as have all the other successes in CDN cycling in the past.

If anything the CCA is an impediment.

While you're at it, tell us what Kim Sebrango has done for the CCA as Marketing Director after almost a year????

CCA members get a disocunt on their HR Block tax returns and can get a measly disocunt at Delta Hotels which none of the CCA members use anyway.

One year on the job and that is the **** she has delivered.

What is the prize money for the Canada Cup Series???? Anybody?? Where are the new events?

The CDN cycling scene is a pathetic mess thanks to the legacy of Bill Kinash which inlcudes hiring non-cycling people like Steve Lacelle and Sebrango to run a sport they know nothing about.

Yes, Symmetrics is do so well they have no place left to race in Canada worthy of the team. That's what the CCA has done. The racing scene is pathetic in Canada, probably the worst it has been in 40 years.

It is a disgrace.

Anybody that doesn't realize that is probably on meds.

More great news from the Symmetrics camp:

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/May/5.26.067.25AM58.shtml

Symmetrics Cycling Hits the Track
Courtesy www.symmetricscycling.com

Canada's First UCI Track Squad

Look for the familiar yellow-and-black colours attacking velodromes around
the world! Canada's number one Pro team, Symmetrics Cycling, has expanded
its program with the news that it becomes the country's first UCI Track
Team.

With an already successful spring behind the road teams - with victories all
over the Americas, and top results at the commonwealth games - the expansion
to the track was natural. Case in point - Symmetrics already has one of
Canada's top trackies on the squad, points and scratch racer extraordinaire
Mandy Poitras (a former silver medallist at the Track Worlds, no less.)
Svein Tuft, on a whim, decided to try his hand at the 4km pursuit this past
spring at the Commonwealth Games. Riding an individual test against the
clock on the track was a natural extension for Canada's top time triallist,
and despite virtually no training for it, riding a bike for the first time
and with an abysmal start - the Langley rider still managed a respectable
time of 4:36! That time was just over the former National pursuit record
held by 1996 Olympic points race silver medallist Brian Walton - which was
broken by Tuft's compatriot Zach Bell in the same event.

Pursuiting is a discipline where Symmetrics Cycling will shine when it comes
to track racing. By having a bevy of the country's top time triallists, it
means having several riders who would excel nationally, and internationally,
in the 4-km test. With 4-5 potential individual pursuiters, that also means
assembling a team pursuit squad with a real chance of Olympic
qualification - something Canada has desperately lacked for several years.
Team pursuit is the ultimate statement of teamwork, organization and speed:
Three things the S-Team prides itself in. Shortly, team management will be
considering other Canadian athletes that can round out the team in order to
attain its pursuiting goals.

Symmetrics welcomes top track Anne-Brit Ericksen to the team, and be sure to
look for more news on this front in the coming months.

For more information about Symmetrics Cycling and to view complete race
schedules, visit www.symmetricscycling.com.

This will no doubt be another boon to Canadian cycling.

Symmetrics is great for Canadian Cycling , but it has nothing to do with the CCA. Riders succeed here in Canada despite the CCA not because of it.

Congrats to the Cunningham brothers for their work with Symmetrics and their support of the Special Olympics.

I'm off to H and R Block for my discount.....

One more thing. We just had Symmetrics here in Victoria for the Bastion Square race. Symmetrics finished 1st through 6th - Svien and Cam lapped the field twice, and the other 3 lapped the field once. This is against our Pacific Sport 'development athletes' and our local talent.

There is some sour grapes here in Victoria about what Symmetrics did, but I agree with how they raced - they raced TO WIN. There was no doubt about who was the strongest in the race. People know now who Symmetrics is and the follow up article in the Times/Colonist was further advertising for the team. The team stayed around after the race to answer questions and 6 of them rode with the kids in the Timbit Challenge. It was a real classy show.

You have to worry, though, about the lack of development riders when a team can come in and decimate the field.

Symmetrics were dominant, and I agree, that's how they should ride. Ride to win. I think by excelling they will only offer encouragement to young riders; they can see a future now in the sport. Other teams, such as local outfit Giga Bike / La-Z-Boy will develop into feeder teams. I also believe, perhaps naively, that Symmetrics will only encourage the formation of other trade teams which can challenge. Total Restoration out of Kelowna, and Masi Adobe in Vancouver are not bad, and on the way up.

Haemoglobin said:
Symmetrics is great for Canadian Cycling , but it has nothing to do with the CCA. Riders succeed here in Canada despite the CCA not because of it.

Congrats to the Cunningham brothers for their work with Symmetrics and their support of the Special Olympics.

I'm off to H and R Block for my discount.....
I wasn't congratulating the CCA.

With regard to the Symmetrics Cycling Team success, it will be meaningless for Canadian cycling unless they win big, well-publicized events in CANADA, very few of which exist.

The Canadian Cycling Association has its head up its ass. It has for the last five years at least.

A year ago they hired two people, Steve Lacelle and Kim Sebrango in key positions, Exec. Director and Marketing Director, WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CYCLING.

What has Kim Sebrango done in a year?????

She renewed a ****-poor agreement with Tim Horton's, an agreement so bad neither side will divulge the dollar amount.

She signed a deal for discounts at a hotel chain nobody will ever use because there are no races in downtown major cities. It is a deal for CCA board members and directors to attend meetings.

She signed a meaningless deal, again without releasing the monetary value, for discounts on tax returns.

Absolutely friggin' ridiculous.

The Canada Cup doesn't have more money than last year, it has less.

There are not more events, there are fewer.

They are not better event, there are worse events.

All this new staff in Ottawa and the sport is markedly WORSE!!!!

Sebrango should be fired immediately. Lacelle should be shuffled to a lesser position and a new Executive Director also hired.

The state of the sport of cycling in Canada is dismal at best, probably the worse it has been in 30 years. That’s the legacy of Bill Kinash, Brian Jolly and Pierre Hutsebaut.

Disaster

Did the Canadian Cycling Association Communication and Media girl die or go on vacation at the very height of the season??????

Today, June 20 ,the last post showing on the CCA web site dates back to June 13 and the start of GP de Beauce.

The Beauce race, the biggest in the country, is now over. The CCA missed all the stages and announcing the winner. Great time to take some time off.

Good job....!

Great marketing.

Excellent delivery of information. Two people are working full-time and getting over 100Gs to do this work. That's the best they can do????

I told you so.

What will it take people??????????????????????????????

Must the sport die completely in Canada before some alarms bells are sounded?

It looks like the CCA girl is NOT dead....

She just needs to be told what to do. They all need to be told what to do over there because they do not know anythign about cycling, at least the Executive Director and the Marketing Director do not.

After I brought this up they went and posted the information a week or more late.

The CCA is not leading the sport in Canada it is trying to play catch-up and losing....

What a pathetic bunch.

Another wasted year….

One year ago today the Canadian Cycling Association hired Kim Sebrango as its Director of Marketing. In the year that followed her results have been a pathetic joke. In fact, if you look at the CCA website, not one new sponsor has been added to the list. Even though some meaningless agreements were reached with Delta Hotels, National Car Rental (November 25, 2005) and H&R Block (April 5, 2006) .

The CCA also hired Florence Bourg as Direoctor of Communications. Ms. Bourg ignored the biggest race in Canada the entire week it was held, not posting one piece of information until I pointed out the failure to do so.

Between both Ms. Bourg and Ms. Sebrango they have not even been capable in about eight months of putting the Delta Hotel, National Care Rental or H&R Block logos on the CCA web site. Great servicing of accounts there! That’s the kind of support that will lead to new sponsors alright…..

Of course, as usual, the CCA has never released the monetary value of these supposed “sponsorships” because they are virtually meaningless. A discount on tax return filings????? There’s something that will win us a medal at the Worlds or Olympics!

What we have is another wasted year. Another $100,000+ ****** away in incompetence.

The sport of cycling in Canada is in free fall. It is a disaster. The only way for athletes and teams to succeed is to leave the country or ignore the CCA and do their own things. New events are non-existent. Old events are dying. This is the worse state of the sport in Canada in more than 30 years.

Meanwhile the two “news” sources covering the sport, Benjamin Sadavoy’s Pedal Magazine and Robert Jones’ Canadian Cyclist, have their heads buried so deep in the sand it is beginning to fill their butts.

What is it going to take, people???????????