Well I bought a new Tandem...

WKrider

Apr 22, 2004
It is a KHS Tandomania Roma 2003 for $900.00. It is in excellent condition. I think I got lucky. I was on a ride this Saturday and it ended at a bike shop. I saw two tandems out front and asked if they were for sale. The owner told me that this particular one was for sell for 900. He told me that he bought it as a rental but he had only rented it out a few times. I was with my brother so he got on the back and we went for a test ride. Good shifting, good brakes, rode nice. 105 front derailer, XT rear, XT hubs, Ultegra shiters/brakes, drop bars, full road set up. I went home and talked to the wife and she wanted to get it. Went back to the shop, talked to the mechanic and asked a bunch of questions. Needless to say I felt good about it and bought it. He threw in two bottle, two cages, and some supplies. I looked them up on line and the went for 1,999.00. I saw one in the classified for 2,500.00.

Anyone have any opinions or experience witht his bike? :D

I don't have expreience with your tandem, but can definitely go on and on about the benefits of tandem riding with your wife, especially if you are a more performance oriented rider and she likes to ride recreationally.
I have taken my wife on plenty of 50 - 80 km rides that she would never have attempted on her own, but on the back of the tandem she cranks along fine. We can ride with enough intensity for me to count most of the rides as a training sesion, at least for base endurance. Her only conditions are that a) I brake going down hills and b) we stop to eat somewhere if we are going for more than a couple of hours.

I don't mind the eating part...