well i fell hard

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by dorfman, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    yesturday i put 2 gether my torker tx and i finally got it put 2 gether
    i used the back of my dads pick up 2 mount on it (it says its five feet
    but thats with the seat post al the way down)
    any ways i had about 45 minits of high fling fun when i was came off of
    it i hit a little bump the bump was just big enought 2 roll my ancle so
    i would land ont the side off it and i heard a muffled crack i was like
    "crap i broke it" i tried 2 move it for examination and it poped in and
    out of place wildly

    i got up on one foot and tried 2 walk on it, it was a not going 2 let
    me put any pressure on it i lowered the seat post on the tx and used as
    sort off a crutch just enough 2 lett me beable 2 hobble on 2 the garage
    with out falling
    i took off both my shoes 2 compare them, my right foot was swollen and
    starting 2 bruise my mom drove me 2 the emergency room and like all my
    other emergency rooms they go by this moto "hey, im not going home soon
    so why should you"

    so we waited for hours and hours untill they finally got me into
    x-rays. it seemed as if they were trying there best 2 put my foot in
    every painfull position as posible they took like 20 of em'

    long story short they cant find if its broke just yet but im going back
    there on tuesday for some more x-rays

    but for the short time i rode high in the sky like a apple pie....and
    it was great .....I REGRET NOTHING!!

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  2. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  3. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I have yet to break anything from unicycling, but i have been injured
    more from my uni than i have with any other sport ive eever done, kinda
    weird eh? but my 661s come today and that will protect my legs now =p

    --
    Jerrick

    from chosen:

    can you give me a shoutout in your sig. some thing like i love
    jonny....or jonny is the coolest. or be creative. but pleeeasssee can i
    have a shoutout from you?

    jonny

  4. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    Wow i am sure that the emergency serviced tried to keep you there, and
    im sure there were twenty of them. Your spelling is also very poor.

    Sucks about your ankle though, i hate injurys.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  5. unisteve

    unisteve Guest

    swarbrim wrote:
    > Wow i am sure that the emergency serviced tried to keep you there, and
    > im sure there were twenty of them. Your spelling is also very poor.

    Mike, I think those remarks are in poor taste. You never make fun of
    someone until you know of the full extent of their injuries and they
    have begun to recover.

    After you know that they won't die or be permanently disabled, THEN
    (and I reiterate: -only- then) you may laugh at them.

    EDIT: And just because you accused dorfman's spelling of being poor,
    let's correct and rewrite your post:
    "Wow! I am sure that the emergency service tried to keep you there,
    and I'm sure that there were twenty X-rays. Your spelling is also very
    poor. It sucks about your ankle, though; I hate injuries."

    --
    unisteve

    -\"i live on the edge. sometimes i fall off.\"-

    join the cpunicycles [email protected] team (# 13392)! check 'here'
    (http://tinyurl.com/h4qst) for more details.

    harper is my hero.
    unisteve's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/543

  6. fordfasterr

    fordfasterr Guest

    Get well soon !

    =)

    --
    fordfasterr

    Fav Quotes:
    A. {Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small
    minds discuss people.}
    B. {The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.}
    AIM SN: FordFasteR - 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636R carfree.com whyquit.com
    fordfasterr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11890

  7. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I forgot to put anything lol, but hope you get well soon, hopefully it
    is nothing to serious :D

    --
    Jerrick

    from chosen:

    can you give me a shoutout in your sig. some thing like i love
    jonny....or jonny is the coolest. or be creative. but pleeeasssee can i
    have a shoutout from you?

    jonny

  8. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    unisteve wrote:
    > Mike, I think those remarks are in poor taste. You never make fun of
    > someone until you know of the full extent of their injuries and they
    > have begun to recover.
    >
    > After you know that they won't die or be permanently disabled, THEN
    > (and I reiterate: -only- then) you may laugh at them.
    >
    > EDIT: And just because you accused dorfman's spelling of being poor,
    > let's correct and rewrite your post:
    > "Wow! I am sure that the emergency service tried to keep you there,
    > and I'm sure that there were twenty X-rays. Your spelling is also very
    > poor. It sucks about your ankle, though; I hate injuries."

    You are right, I shouldnt have said that. I do not think he is
    "permanently disabled" but i suppose he could be. My spelling is not
    the best but i feel it is at a much higher standard than others my age.
    Ohh, but not yours.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  9. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    I know my spelling stinks but its becouse i am talking on the internet
    if its a school assingment i spell stuff right its just talking on the
    internet with bad spelling is my little way 2 stick it to the
    man....the grammar and spelling man

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  10. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    for future reference is there a good dismount technique for giraffes so
    this dousnt happen or becouse im not sure my parents will let me ride
    it again if i dont present to them a way to prevent it from happening
    again

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    my myspace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20744042
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  11. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    thats too bad, I hope you're not too badly injured, and I hope you get
    well soon!!

    dorfman wrote:
    > I REGRET NOTHING!!

    right on, man!

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael
    atkinson...............................................................................jonny
    peacock is my main man.
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS'
    (http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27878&perpage=1)*

  12. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    dorfman wrote:
    > for future reference is there a good dismount technique for giraffes so
    > this dousnt happen or becouse im not sure my parents will let me ride
    > it again if i dont present to them a way to prevent it from happening
    > again
    > warren

    there are three ways to dismount...one is to fall off, which isn't
    usually as successful. another is the Timber method in which you put
    one pedal all the way down so the wheel will not roll at all, take the
    other foot off as you fall forward, and land on the ground about five
    feet away from where you were a second ago. the third is to not put
    one pedal all the way down and just take both feet off the pedals and
    drop straight down, letting the unicycle roll either in front of you or
    behind you. I don't like this method, because if you're next to a wall
    the wheel could hit and stop rolling very suddenly, and depending on
    which direction the wheel was rolling away, you could cause injury to
    either your tailbone or your family jewels.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael
    atkinson...............................................................................jonny
    peacock is my main man.
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS'
    (http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27878&perpage=1)*

  13. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

  14. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    umm, excuse me, but isn't it supposed to be spelt 'Y-O-U-'-R-E'
    (http://yourallgay.com)?

    you're welcome :)

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael
    atkinson...............................................................................jonny
    peacock is my main man.
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS'
    (http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27878&perpage=1)*

  15. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    Good luck healing up, dorfman. Hang in there and keep your chin up!

    --
    U-Turn

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton

  16. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  17. Seager

    Seager Guest

    You hurt your ankle because God hates you for learning how to type by
    text messages and IMs. IT'S TOO OR TWO OR TO, NOT "2."

    The typing of the entire generation behind me is going down the drain
    because of AOL.

    That really is a bummer about your ankle though. Get better soon!

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
    Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

  18. unisteve

    unisteve Guest

    How old are you, Seager? I'd like to know which generation you're
    talking about.

    And if you want to really argue like that, this generation's typing is
    probably BETTER than yours because of all this internet crap.

    They just don't know their native language is all.

    And I forgot to wish Dorfman a speedy recovery with all my ranting.
    Apologies and good wishes, fellow unicyclist!

    --
    unisteve

    -\"i live on the edge. sometimes i fall off.\"-

    join the cpunicycles [email protected] team (# 13392)! check 'here'
    (http://tinyurl.com/h4qst) for more details.

    harper is my hero.
    unisteve's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/543

  19. red_rider