Well, I finally did it

Callas

Guest
As some of you know there has been a long running saga of
me-and-my- bike-position.

There have been a number of false dawns...

...but as of one week ago, problem *solved*.

Five years ago, I reached the point where I knew that my
position on the bike was limiting my performance on the
bike.

About three years ago, the first major advance was buying a
custom frame. This got my basic position on the bike right
and solved my lower back discomfort.

Then I could never get my legs comfortable. Six months ago,
the next major advance was finding out I had a significant
pelvic tilt and that this was the ultimate cause of my
position issues.

I've spent the last six months working on cleat adjustment
(with spacers and position) for the right shoe, since my
pelvis is low on the left and high on the right (the saddle
being set to the correct height for the lower leg and
spacers being placed on the cleat for the higher leg).

However, I've never managed to get my right leg comfortable;
it always felt like I was pushing down over the top of the
knee rather than through the knee - quite unlike the left
leg and wrong.

As of one week ago, I made the final advance.

I realised that I had thought my pelvis was tilted low on
the left and high on the right.

It is not.

It is tilted low on the RIGHT and high on the LEFT.

So, I moved the single spacer to the *left* shoe,
adjusted the saddle height to be correct for the right
leg and - BINGO!

It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week -
my enthusisam for riding is back :) where I thought I ought
to have had a solution for months now but wasn't really
making progress, I was slowing getting more and more
dispirited - starting to think it was impossible for me to
be able to ride properly. But now, now my position is
correct, it's *so* much easier and more comfortable to ride
- it's cycling *bliss*.

--
Callas

Callas posted ...

> It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week -
> my enthusisam for riding is back :) where I thought I
> ought to have had a solution for months now but wasn't
> really making progress, I was slowing getting more and
> more dispirited - starting to think it was impossible for
> me to be able to ride properly. But now, now my position
> is correct, it's *so* much easier and more comfortable to
> ride - it's cycling *bliss*.

Heheheh .. enjoy it .. ;)

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:44:40 +0100, Callas <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>So, I moved the single spacer to the *left* shoe,
>adjusted the saddle height to be correct for the right
>leg and - BINGO!

Hey, great news! Well done.

--
Guy
===

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

>It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week -
>my enthusisam for riding is back :) where I thought I ought
>to have had a solution for months now but wasn't really
>making progress, I was slowing getting more and more
>dispirited - starting to think it was impossible for me to
>be able to ride properly. But now, now my position is
>correct, it's *so* much easier and more comfortable to ride
>- it's cycling *bliss*.

Excellent! Wishing you many miles of happy cycling.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--