well its broken

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by dorfman, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    well a while back i posted a thread called well i fell hard ....well i
    got more xrays today and, i broke my fibula. I got a cool purple cast
    that changes from blue 2 purple depending on the lighting...any way
    heres a picture of my cast
    i couldnt find my digital camera so i had 2 use my cheapo web
    cam[image: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8112/picture0126np.jpg]

    warren

    ps. so no more unicycling for atleast another 4 weeks

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  2. unisteve

    unisteve Guest

  3. Wheel Rider

    Wheel Rider Guest

    dorfman wrote:
    > well a while back i posted a thread called well i fell hard ....well i
    > got more xrays today and, i broke my fibula. I got a cool purple cast
    > that changes from blue 2 purple depending on the lighting...any way
    > heres a picture of my cast
    > i couldnt find my digital camera so i had 2 use my cheapo web cam
    >
    > warren
    >
    > ps. so no more unicycling for atleast another 4 weeks

    Sorry to hear that.

    Add your name to the Injured Reserve List along with Evan Byrne.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

  4. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  5. podzol

    podzol Guest

    Well, Ken Looi broke his too, so you're in good company.

    I had my wrist x-rayed today. Doc thinks it has broken since a uni
    accident last summer and was reinjurred during that last fencing
    tournament, I took several blows to that wrist (No, I guess I don't
    parry well at all with a sabre). I find out Monday. She has me on 9
    ibuprofen a day until then.

    Can you work on Hand WW?

    Cool cast. Glitter would be a nice touch.

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

  6. pinwheel

    pinwheel Guest

  7. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I wanna see the x-rays!! lol, i hope you get well soon, you can juggle
    while you cant ride lol

    --
    Jerrick

    from chosen:

    can you give me a shoutout in your sig. some thing like i love
    jonny....or jonny is the coolest. or be creative. but pleeeasssee can i
    have a shoutout from you?

    jonny

  8. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    manon1wheel wrote:
    > that sucks man.. how long was it broken before you got a cast on it?

    2 weeks...went 2 the hospitle the night it happend but they didnt find
    any breaks but told me 2 go 2 my normal docor on the next tuesday...i
    did she thought that it was broken or fractured just by looking at how
    swollen it still was..so she said that if its a hairline facture or
    just a small fracture that it takes somtimes up to 2 weeks 2 show up on
    x ray....so yea

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  9. podzol

    podzol Guest

    dorfman wrote:
    > 2 weeks...went 2 the hospitle the night it happend but they didnt find
    > any breaks but told me 2 go 2 my normal docor on the next tuesday...i
    > did she thought that it was broken or fractured just by looking at how
    > swollen it still was..so she said that if its a hairline facture or
    > just a small fracture that it takes somtimes up to 2 weeks 2 show up on
    > x ray....so yea

    Wow, smart doctor.

    I really don't think mine is broken, but I am really stymied by how
    much it hurts sometimes.

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

  10. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    podzol wrote:
    > Wow, smart doctor.
    >
    > I really don't think mine is broken, but I am really stymied by how
    > much it hurts sometimes.

    well i hope you get well soon podzol becouse from what i here you dont
    want those things 2 become longterm ailments....my dad broke his ancle
    when he was 18 and he says that it still gets swollen everyso often..

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  11. podzol

    podzol Guest

    dorfman wrote:
    > well i hope you get well soon podzol becouse from what i here you dont
    > want those things 2 become longterm ailments....my dad broke his ancle
    > when he was 18 and he says that it still gets swollen everyso often..

    Wow, Too bad about your Dad's ankle.Come to think about it I have a
    snowboard injury on my ankle that only stopped flaring up a couple
    years ago (It took 8 years to finish healing if indeed it has finally
    healed.)

    Thanks for the well widhes, D. A fast and thorough recovery to you,
    too!