Well trained kids.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Stephen Baker, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how to ride on 2 wheels.
    All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the road. Picks herself up,
    dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN bursts into tears and runs in for Mommy. What
    a good girl....

    ;-)

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how
    > ride on 2 wheels. All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the
    road.
    > Picks herself up, dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN
    bursts
    > into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good girl....
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Probably saw a scratch on the frame.

    Mike - That's what I do when I get one on a new bike. ;^)

  3. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how
    > ride on 2 wheels. All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the
    road.
    > Picks herself up, dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN
    bursts
    > into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good girl....
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Kid has her priorities right.

    -Dave

  4. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how
    > ride on 2 wheels. All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the
    road.
    > Picks herself up, dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN
    bursts
    > into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good girl....

    That kid'll be kicking your arse within 18 months.

    Bill "conservatively" S.

  5. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker thoughtfully penned:
    > Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how to ride on 2 wheels. All
    > of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the road. Picks herself up, dusts
    > off the bike while checking for damage, THEN bursts into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good
    > girl....
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    what else is she supposed to do, have a tantrum and throw the bike down a hill ( like some
    grown men?)

    penny

  6. Bob M

    Bob M Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:16:52 GMT, Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning how
    >> ride on 2 wheels. All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the
    > road.
    >> Picks herself up, dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN
    > bursts
    >> into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good girl....
    >
    > That kid'll be kicking your arse within 18 months.
    >
    > Bill "conservatively" S.

    That is true -- when she's 14, she'll be clearing stuff you're afraid to look at, all the while
    dusting you on the uphills and looking for better trails because "The Trail of Death and
    Dismemberment" is too easy.

    --
    Bob M in CT

  7. Sorni says:

    >That kid'll be kicking your arse within 18 months.

    I give her 6 months, tops. ;-P

    Steve

  8. Penny says:

    >what else is she supposed to do, have a tantrum and throw the bike down a hill ( like some
    >grown men?)

    Nope - I was fully expecting her to go running in crying for Mom (I could see blood from 100 yds
    off) and then see Dad coming out to check the bike 5 or 10 minutes later.

    As i said - a well trained kid, or at least one with her head screwed on right.

    Steve

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Just sitting here at the puter, watching the neighbour's kid learning
    how
    > > ride on 2 wheels. All of a sudden, thar she goes, ass over.... err..... elbows into the
    > road.
    > > Picks herself up, dusts off the bike while checking for damage, THEN
    > bursts
    > > into tears and runs in for Mommy. What a good girl....
    > >
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Probably saw a scratch on the frame.
    >
    > Mike - That's what I do when I get one on a new bike. ;^)

    'The first scratch is the deepest' ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe