Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Well... Walmart?

Started by johnderman · · Last activity · 70 posts · 8,386 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
14 March 2015
Last activity
6 June 2015
Original author
johnderman
Posts
70
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
8,386
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 70
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I think that most people ear bad things about department stores bikes. The issue is that the price might be better, but the service is definitely worse or non-existent and the assembling of the bike if far from being the best.

  2. Walmart offers new bikes but it is not the only place one can buy a bike. You can also buy a bike from eBay as long as you ensure that it is new. You can choose to buy directly from the manufacturer's website.

  3. The advantages of buying directly from the manufacturer is that you can negotiate for the price. You get a wide variety to compare from latest models to old ones. You can also get a custom designed bike at a reasonable price.

  4. I'm guessing you put on a motor. Correct? Now you can ride 150 miles to the gallon on one of these bad boys and you don't need a drivers license for it.

  5. adfnio said:

    I'm guessing you put on a motor. Correct? Now you can ride 150 miles to the gallon on one of these bad boys and you don't need a drivers license for it.


    I posted pictures of the add on somewhere in this forum. I forgot exactly where. But yeah, the OP stole my idea. I was planning to buy a cheap bike from Walmart and adding a motor. Would be way cheaper then buying a $1000 usd scooter. You get the same CC motor and it's only a quarter of the cost. Can't beat that.

  6. jhuskey said:


    Upgrading a WalMart bike = Polishing a turd. (:


    If it fulfils your needs, I'll just polish that turd.

  7. Not bad.

  8. lectraplayer said:

    If it fulfils your needs, I'll just polish that turd.


    Nah, can't agree with that, a polished turtle doesn't make much sense if we look for a fish.

  9. Polished turtles? Polish pickles?

    How about:

    Gorbachev sings tractors: turnips! buttocks!

    thecomicstrips.comadd.php

  10. I found a foldabe bike that you could add a motor to. After you are done riding it you can fold it up. It is really portable. In my town it would be good to take on the ferry and not have to pay extra fees because its so small.

    Image in Well... Walmart?

  11. Wow! That really is amazing. I hope that it lasts a while and is not that breakable. What kind of bike is it? Is it a road or mountain bike? Mountain bike's from walmart are sometimes very good deals. Good luck on your bike.

  12. egrocket said:

    Wow! That really is amazing. I hope that it lasts a while and is not that breakable. What kind of bike is it? Is it a road or mountain bike? Mountain bike's from walmart are sometimes very good deals. Good luck on your bike.


    That bike is about $250 at Walmart. It folds in half for easy storage. It is small if you fold it up. The professional will call it a turd on this board but I can see how adding a 50 cc motor on it can save you a lot of money on car maintenance and insurance. The best part is it only cost $500 bucks with the motor and at the end of the day you fold it up and put in into your bedroom closet. You won't get brownie points with the females but you will have more money in your pocket.

  13. adfnio said:

    I found a foldabe bike that you could add a motor to. After you are done riding it you can fold it up. It is really portable. In my town it would be good to take on the ferry and not have to pay extra fees because its so small.

    Image in Well... Walmart?


    Foldable bikes are really neat when we have a space problem, but I wouldn't like to add a motor to it, I feel that it would ruin the whole essence of it.

  14. adfnio said:

    I found a foldabe bike that you could add a motor to. After you are done riding it you can fold it up. It is really portable. In my town it would be good to take on the ferry and not have to pay extra fees because its so small.

    Image in Well... Walmart?


    Foldable bikes are really neat when we have a space problem, but I wouldn't like to add a motor to it, I feel that it would ruin the whole essence of it.

  15. adfnio said:

    I found a foldabe bike that you could add a motor to. After you are done riding it you can fold it up. It is really portable. In my town it would be good to take on the ferry and not have to pay extra fees because its so small.

    Image in Well... Walmart?


    Foldable bikes are really neat when we have a space problem, but I wouldn't like to add a motor to it, I feel that it would ruin the whole essence of it.

  16. That type of bike is fine for an entry level rider low on cash. It isn't something I would stick with but it's a start.

  17. I see more as something practical for commuters, if people don't have a place to park they can get a foldable one and put it in the office or something like that.

  18. I think local bike shops have the best selection. They have bikes that not too many people have and you can find different styles that may not be found in bulk, it is a great way to find a bike you like that is unique to your needs. Also, some of them have different catalogues you can look through if you do not see the bike you like. It can be a bit pricey but if you are looking for something you know you are going to keep for the long run, it's worth spending the extra money now.

  19. I would say Walmart is fairly a good business if your looking to buy a nice bike, but the bikes from there wont be the best of quality just saying that now. I suggest you save up then purchase from a good bike store.

  20. rightct said:

    If you respect yourself, I advise you to not buy bikes from there. They don't seem to be quality wise; I learned it the hard way a while back, when I bought a bike for my son. It was good to see it, but its performances were very disappointing. Even though they're mostly cheap, I'd rather pay a more exorbitant price but trust what I get than a ridiculous one for deceiving quality.


    I don't see it as a matter of self respect. Not everybody has the income to spend more on a bike when they are first starting out. If it gets them going and they enjoy cycling I say go for it. Sure, the quality isn't great and they will eventually want a better bike, but to start it's fine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.