Wendy's Fish Sandwich

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Holly Duncan, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Holly Duncan

    Holly Duncan Guest

    Hello everyone!

    Just wanted to drop a note on Wendy's new Fish Sandwich. I
    really love Wendy's and usually opt for the grilled ckix,
    but I tried fish today. Mind you, I eat out very minimally
    since my start with WW. Well, the sandwich was good, but it
    was fried. This caused a little ucky feeling in my tummy.
    So, I went home later and ate some fresh carrots, squash and
    zuchinni. Felt better - and drank water! Anyway, I searched
    all over the net for the nutrional info on the sandwich -
    NOTHING!! So, I called Wendy's! The sandwich is worth 11
    points. It's good if you need fish or are craving a fish
    sandwich....but beware of that ucky greasy feeling.

    Anyway, on the other hand, almost everyday I'm been eating
    an entire bag of salad for lunch and a nice dinner of mostly
    veggies ( I do a lot of stirfrys, veggie bakes, beans and
    rice, etc). I do eat protein and make sure that calcium is a
    huge part of my day (1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt with
    fresh fruit and plain oatmeal in the a.m. does the trick).
    Anyway, I cut out my midnight snack and now rely on hot tea
    or SF FF hot chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth. I noticed
    that if I give myself a little bit of extra something a
    couple times a week (like the fish sandwich or even pizza),
    but not go overboard, it kind of juggles the metabolism. So
    far, I'm down nearly 20 lbs. It's taken me 3 months, but I'm
    doing great! Just wanted to share with you all! And thanks
    to all of you for such wonderful support!

    Holly

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Hi Holly:

    I haven't seen anything about the fish sandwich in Canada
    but I will keep in mind the points and the feeling if it
    ever comes here!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

    Holly Duncan wrote:
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > Just wanted to drop a note on Wendy's new Fish Sandwich. I
    > really love Wendy's and usually opt for the grilled ckix,
    > but I tried fish today. Mind you, I eat out very minimally
    > since my start with WW. Well, the sandwich was good, but
    > it was fried. This caused a little ucky feeling in my
    > tummy. So, I went home later and ate some fresh carrots,
    > squash and zuchinni. Felt better - and drank water!
    > Anyway, I searched all over the net for the nutrional info
    > on the sandwich - NOTHING!! So, I called Wendy's! The
    > sandwich is worth 11 points. It's good if you need fish or
    > are craving a fish sandwich....but beware of that ucky
    > greasy feeling.
    >
    > Anyway, on the other hand, almost everyday I'm been eating
    > an entire bag of salad for lunch and a nice dinner of
    > mostly veggies ( I do a lot of stirfrys, veggie bakes,
    > beans and rice, etc). I do eat protein and make sure that
    > calcium is a huge part of my day (1 cup of fat-free plain
    > yogurt with fresh fruit and plain oatmeal in the a.m. does
    > the trick). Anyway, I cut out my midnight snack and now
    > rely on hot tea or SF FF hot chocolate to satisfy my sweet
    > tooth. I noticed that if I give myself a little bit of
    > extra something a couple times a week (like the fish
    > sandwich or even pizza), but not go overboard, it kind of
    > juggles the metabolism. So far, I'm down nearly 20 lbs.
    > It's taken me 3 months, but I'm doing great! Just wanted
    > to share with you all! And thanks to all of you for such
    > wonderful support!
    >
    > Holly

  3. Thanks for sharing, it means a bunch to many of us to hear other's stories.
    You are doing wonderful, Lee
    Holly Duncan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > Just wanted to drop a note on Wendy's new Fish Sandwich. I
    > really love Wendy's and usually opt for the grilled ckix,
    > but I tried fish today.
    Mind
    > you, I eat out very minimally since my start with WW.
    > Well, the sandwich was good, but it was fried. This caused
    > a little ucky feeling in my
    tummy.
    > So, I went home later and ate some fresh carrots, squash
    > and zuchinni.
    Felt
    > better - and drank water! Anyway, I searched all over the
    > net for the nutrional info on the sandwich - NOTHING!! So,
    > I called Wendy's! The sandwich is worth 11 points. It's
    > good if you need fish or are craving a fish
    > sandwich....but beware of that ucky greasy feeling.
    >
    > Anyway, on the other hand, almost everyday I'm been eating
    > an entire bag
    of
    > salad for lunch and a nice dinner of mostly veggies ( I do
    > a lot of stirfrys, veggie bakes, beans and rice, etc). I
    > do eat protein and make sure that calcium is a huge part
    > of my day (1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt with fresh fruit
    > and plain oatmeal in the a.m. does the trick). Anyway, I
    > cut out my midnight snack and now rely on hot tea or SF FF
    > hot chocolate
    > satisfy my sweet tooth. I noticed that if I give myself a
    > little bit of extra something a couple times a week (like
    > the fish sandwich or even pizza), but not go overboard, it
    > kind of juggles the metabolism. So far, I'm down nearly 20
    > lbs. It's taken me 3 months, but I'm doing great!
    Just
    > wanted to share with you all! And thanks to all of you for
    > such wonderful support!
    >
    > Holly

  4. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    That's great Holly!

    Congratulations.

    Julie "Holly Duncan" <[email protected]> wrote in