Wendy's honey mustard bbq sauce cheese burger :-P

Kate Connally

Guest
I've always liked Wendy's hamburgers - much better than McDonald's or Burger King. Now I maybe get
about 1 a year - I don't eat fast food all that often. So, I'm watching all these commercials for
the lastest Wendy's specialty sandwich and thought it looked good. Decided to swing by there on Sat.
and pick one up for dinner. What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes
to taking ad hype with a grain of salt) disappointment. Besides the sandwich not being put together
neatly - all the toppings were of to one side (I hate when that happens, which if pretty darn often
at most fast food places), there was almost no sauce to speak of, and the hamburger was dry, and
they put pickles on it which was not mentioned in the description (the only time I eat pickles on
any kind of sandwich is when I get a regular Wendy's bacon cheeseburger with everything). Blecch!
Well, I guess I won't be patronizing Wendy's again any time soon.

Here's what's really funny - normally I totally detest everything at McDonald's except for their
breakfast sandwiches and then I only eat the sausage biscuit with egg. But one day I had missed the
breakfast cut-off at McDonald's and decided to try one of the new chicken salads. I got the bacon
ranch salad with the crispy chicken. It's really good! Surprised the hell out of me. And then even
more surprisingly I went to Wendy's a few weeks later and tried one of their chicken salads and it
was horrid. Can't believe I got something at McDonald's that was better than Wendy's. Of course,
now, with my latest Wendy's disappointment I beginning to wonder if they are declining in quality in
general. Too bad.

Kate
--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

"Kate Connally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've always liked Wendy's hamburgers - much better than McDonald's or Burger King.

It's really hard to believe that an appraisal of the offerings of Wendys and MacDonalds would appear
on this ng.. Isn't there a rec.reallycrappyeats group that this should be directed to?

Kate Connally wrote:
> What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
> grain of salt) disappointment.

You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.

I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
nowhere close to good. Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their
curly fries anyway. Oh well.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

Kate Connally wrote:

> I've always liked Wendy's hamburgers - much better than McDonald's or Burger King. Now I maybe get
> about 1 a year - I don't eat fast food all that often. So, I'm watching all these commercials for
> the lastest Wendy's specialty sandwich and thought it looked good. Decided to swing by there on
> Sat. and pick one up for dinner. What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it
> comes to taking ad hype with a grain of salt) disappointment. Besides the sandwich not being put
> together neatly - all the toppings were of to one side (I hate when that happens, which if pretty
> darn often at most fast food places), there was almost no sauce to speak of, and the hamburger was
> dry, and they put pickles on it which was not mentioned in the description (the only time I eat
> pickles on any kind of sandwich is when I get a regular Wendy's bacon cheeseburger with
> everything). Blecch! Well, I guess I won't be patronizing Wendy's again any time soon.

I've tried to ignore it but I haven't had a really good Wendy's burger in several years. Like you, I
rarely eat fast food, though I have 3 times in the last few months. If I was to get fast food, it
was always Wendy's. They had the best employees and I really did like their food. I don't know what
changed, but the burgers are always dried out anymore.

> and it was horrid. Can't believe I got something at McDonald's that was better than Wendy's. Of
> course, now, with my latest Wendy's disappointment I beginning to wonder if they are declining in
> quality in general. Too bad.

It is a shame.

nancy

John Gaughan wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
>> grain of salt) disappointment.
>

> You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.
>
> I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
> nowhere close to good. Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their
> curly fries anyway. Oh well.

What's wrong with KFC chicken? Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?

Rich

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.

"John Gaughan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Kate Connally wrote:
> > What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
> > grain of salt) disappointment.
>
> You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.
>
> I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
> nowhere close to good. Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their
> curly fries anyway. Oh well.

Hardee's was horrendously bad around here, then they all closed about 2 years ago. Arby's was OK at
one time, but now their food is disgusting, even their roast beef is nasty.

John Gaughan wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
> > What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
> > grain of salt) disappointment.
>
> You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.
>
> I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
> nowhere close to good.

Hardee's is disgusting.

> Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their curly fries anyway.
> Oh well.

Arby's is disgusting. Although I fondly remember 35 years ago when they actually used real roast
beef in their sandwiches. They were pretty good then. Kate

--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all
about? mailto:[email protected]

"John Gaughan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's.

I think there's two problems here - the quality of the food (at its best), and the consistency of
the experience. McDonald's certainly doesn't have the BEST fast food out there, but they are far and
away the most consistent - which is why they'll often get my business (esp. when traveling outside
the U.S.) over their competition, even when I've found certain examples of that competition that are
better. Hardee's at its best IS pretty good - but they're also one of the less consistent, so I
rarely stop in to one when "on the road" and looking for a quick bite. Wendy's is both pretty good
AND consistent, although not quite as good at the latter as McD's, so I tend to go there if one's
available.

Bob M.

Vox Humana wrote:
> Hardee's was horrendously bad around here, then they all closed about 2 years ago.

They used to be, but someone bought out the chain and made it better.

> Arby's was OK at one time, but now their food is disgusting, even their roast beef is nasty.

Like I said, their only saving grace is the curly fries. The meat is edible, but nothing special.

--

Richard Periut wrote:
> What's wrong with KFC chicken? Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?

KFC is okay. I don't like the breading, it tends to be very greasy.

McDonald's chicken is alright, but the rest of the sandwhich is not. Bland bread, aging tomatos and
lettuce...

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

"Richard Periut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John Gaughan wrote:
>
> > Kate Connally wrote:
> >
> >> What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
> >> grain of salt) disappointment.
> >

> > You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.
> >
> > I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
> > nowhere close to good. Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their
> > curly fries anyway. Oh well.
> >
> What's wrong with KFC chicken? Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?
>
> Rich

On weekends during college I somehow survived on a steady bar-time diet of Taco Bell ;-) We lived
right on campus and they had one that stayed open until 3am. 59 cent bean burritos and tacos w/a
side of green sauce...mmmmmmm

>What's wrong with KFC chicken? Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?

KFC uses the cheapest chicken you can get and they use just flour and MSG to coat chicken anymore. I
used to work there I would never eat there again.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See http://www.knight-
toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

Richard Periut wrote:

> John Gaughan wrote:
>
> > Kate Connally wrote:
> >
> >> What a huge (although not unanticipated - I am a realist when it comes to taking ad hype with a
> >> grain of salt) disappointment.
> >

> > You had a bad experience at a fast food restaurant? Amazing, I never would have guessed.
> >
> > I think the only half decent fast food restaurant is Hardee's. And they're only *half* decent,
> > nowhere close to good. Arby's is okay but I'm not eating potatoes anymore and I only liked their
> > curly fries anyway. Oh well.
> >
> What's wrong with KFC chicken?

I used to love KFC but since about 10-15 years ago, about the time everyone was changing their menus
to add chicken breasts and roast chicken and stuff the quality of their fried chicken seriously
declined. After numerous incidences of getting badly undercooked chicken at several different
locations, including once in another state, I refuse to eat there anymore.

> Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?

Well, they're chicken breasts. Not the best part of the chicken. But the crispy chicken breast ranch
salad it quite delectable, surprisingly.

Kate

--

"Steve Knight" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >What's wrong with KFC chicken? Or McDonalds grilled chicken breasts?
>
> KFC uses the cheapest chicken you can get and they use just flour and MSG
> coat chicken anymore. I used to work there I would never eat there again.
>
> --
> Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See http://www.knight-
> toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

I have a friend who managed a KFC for 13 years. He told me the coating is flour, powdered egg,
powdered milk, pepper and MSG. YUK! What happened to the 11 herbs and spices? The colonel would
be shocked!

kili

>I have a friend who managed a KFC for 13 years. He told me the coating is flour, powdered egg,
>powdered milk, pepper and MSG. YUK! What happened to the 11 herbs and spices? The colonel would
>be shocked!

when I worked there they had a bag of seasoning we dumped into the flour. sure smelled good. but
that is gone now. there is no colonel anymore (G) there is no kentucky fried chicken just kfc.