went to a Cervelo eRide test day today

CdnRider

Apr 16, 2010
So I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Plus..it's a Canadian company!! I went in expecting to not really like the bikes (mostly because i see so many of them around). WOW.. was i ever wrong. I took out 4 bikes. S3, R3 SL, RS, and a P2. All fitted with SRAM Red. I won't comment in detail about each ride as that gets too personal - each person has their own opinions. I will say that the S3 and R3 SL left me very impressed in every manner. Blown away really.

The Cervelo guys did a great job getting everyone fitted and running quickly. Very similar to Ski Demo Days for you guys that are skiers. I just brought a set of my own pedals and they mounted it...did a quick saddle adjustment and I was off. Took each bike out for 30min or so.

Would I buy a Cervelo if i had the chance??? Oh YEAH....

Hoping to attend a few more demo events in the future. Good way to get a quick feel for the product. Highly recommended guys!!

Here's a pic I thought you'd all like. Sorry...only had the Iphone cam to use.

I took out an R3 and a RS recently from my LBS. I had to say they both were fantastic bikes! The LBS had one R3 SL in stock that they made me a great deal on and I couldn't resist the temptation.....so far only one 30mile ride but wow!!

Now that's what I am talking about, someone who has been lucky enough to ride a selection of bikes from the Cervelo range and has fallen in love. People are always moaning and saying "I would not have one of them, you see so many I would go for something different" well in my humble opinion they are awesome bikes.
I own a 2009 RS kitted out with a Dura ace group set and adore it, I don't care how old it gets how out of date it becomes yada, yada, yada, I will NEVER sell it, The bike feels alive beneath you and it just feels like it wants to race.
They are quick light and responsive and I love them, so this is what has made me order my next Cervelo and that is an S3 due to be built up in my LBS in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D more than a little excited;)

More frame companies ought to offer opportunities like that. Before I bought a Moots, Moots shipped a frame to an LBS for me to ride for a week, and that definitely made a sale for Moots.

The only Cervelo I've had any interest in was the Super Prodigy. My interest, now, in Cervelo varies inversely with their marketing claims, which is to say that my interest approaches zero very quickly.

I don't get it with Cervelo bikes, aside from they seem to have a good marketing program.

All bikes are the same at that pricepoint - and if you don't believe me just take a look at what the various pros ride - all different and yet they can still win races.

Absolutely. Other companies should and I'm sure some do, offer these demo dAys. Gives potential customers a chance to really compare their offerings from the same stable.

Many of the other riders who came out were like me. Curious. And were pleasantly surprised how much they enjoyed the bikes. Mind you....we did ride high end bikes all kitted out with SRaM red and all but the RS's had some type of zipp carbon wheels. Too bad they didn't have any s1's or s2's.

Now to find out if specialized , trek etc...have one coming to town soon? I'd love to attend.

Absolutely. Other companies should and I'm sure some do, offer these demo dAys. Gives potential customers a chance to really compare their offerings from the same stable.

Many of the other riders who came out were like me. Curious. And were pleasantly surprised how much they enjoyed the bikes. Mind you....we did ride high end bikes all kitted out with SRaM red and all but the RS's had some type of zipp carbon wheels. Too bad they didn't have any s1's or s2's.

Now to find out if specialized , trek etc...have one coming to town soon? I'd love to attend.