We're "making progress" in Iraq??

Wurm said:
A bit more grandiose than usual with your mental masturbation this week, eh Mikey?
I thought we were getting to be such good friends?......I thought we were making progress......War and chat rooms are Hell......Mikey

darkboong said:
Ah, the apologist strikes back...

The point is that there is no conclusive evidence that they are making
bombs. The only people making those claims are the same people who
claimed that Iraq were working on nukes, the same people are over-
uling the information that their own intelligence analysts and experts
are telling them (again).

Here you are telling us that we should trust these people *again* and
accept a few hundred thousand more dead Arabs as a price worth
paying. You can stick it.

The British, Americans, Germans and yes even France believe that the Iranians will make nuclear weapons.....If they do and a mushroom cloud comes upon your country and you have nuclear weapons to hit back then just about everyone in Iran is going to dead. It's not called MAD for nothing. If they want energy for the future why not take the concessions from the above named countries and give up there nuclear program. With that much oil underground in their country, keeping the lights on is is not a big worry....

You must go through life with your eyes closed and your fingers in your
ears. There was an incident where enlisted officers beat the **** out of
a taxi driver chained to the ceiling while he begged for his life over a
period of 24 hours. That is just *one* incident of hundreds that are
or have been under investigation. It is a certainty that many similar
incidents will go un-reported and un-investigated.

Now it is hundreds of incidents.....laughable....Look here comes CNN tell them the soliders beat us.....Mike

They've got a very funny way of doing it. Destroying the infrastructure,
then not rebuilding it and stirring up a civil war in the process is a big
**** up on that front.

You are right alot of the infrastructure was destroyed, but it will be rebuilt by the U.S. goverment better than before.....

No one has a problem with the stars and stripes. They have a problem
with the pillocks and apologists who subscribe to the slaughter of
innocent Arabs by the hundreds of thousands. You could wear pink
for all I care and I would still be tempted to break your neck in the
interests of world peace. :)

Now who is the aggressor..... and I thought we were starting to bond.....Do you truly believe we have killed more people in Iraq than Saddam did while he was in power....who is wearing blinders now.....Your new Buddy....Mikey

crithater said:
Now who is the aggressor..... and I thought we were starting to bond.....

Pillock.

crithater said:
Do you truly believe we have killed more people in Iraq than Saddam did while he was in power....

Dunno, I haven't seen a grand total for either of the competitors
in the Iraq Massacre stakes yet. At least you admit that the
Coalition is killing Iraqis. As it stands Iraqis are dying at a higher
rate under the Coalition than they did under Saddam.

The war has killed over 100,000 people who would otherwise be
alive. That's bad, not "better than Saddam".

crithater said:
who is wearing blinders now.....

Probably you, because you think that it's OK for westerners to
mass-murder Arabs.

hold your line, critcrasher. i admit to once owning a silver and black serotta, but it had pink accents (cannot choose the color at that price) and i ride on super sunday. less pickups on the road that day.
however i do not mind this rather juvenile retort, as it shows more creativity than some of the other fantasy posts floatin' round here...
all lack of credibilty aside, do post if moved to do so, we all need a break from reality from time to time.

crithater said:
You must be a Raider Fan, because you are a moron.....And stop having Howard Dean write your replys.....Mikey (so named by my friend wurm)

the conservative overview:

http://www.antiwar.com

by the numbers:

http://www.iraqbodycount.com

"well the race is on and it looks like pride in the backstretch, heartache's 'a rollin' on the inside, my tears are holdin' back, 'n tryin' not to fold, and the race is on"
horse racing allegory lyricism from song titled "the race is on" sung by
bob weir, reckoning tour.

darkboong said:
Pillock.

Dunno, I haven't seen a grand total for either of the competitors
in the Iraq Massacre stakes yet. Probably you, because you think that it's OK for westerners to
mass-murder Arabs.

Bush’s approval rating falls to new low
53 percent say they disapprove of president in new Post-ABC survey

Rising gas prices and ongoing bloodshed in Iraq continue to take their toll on President Bush, whose standing with the public has sunk to an all-time low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey found Bush's job approval rating at 45 percent, down seven points since January and the lowest ever recorded for the president in Post-ABC surveys. Fifty-three percent disapproved of the job Bush is doing.

The war has been a drag on Bush's presidency for many months, but his Iraq approval ratings in the new poll were little changed from two months ago, despite widespread violence, a rash of U.S. casualties, antiwar protests outside the president's Texas ranch and a growing debate about reducing U.S. troop levels.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9137364/

http://icasualties.org/oif/

lyotard said:
the conservative overview:

http://www.antiwar.com

by the numbers:

http://www.iraqbodycount.com

"well the race is on and it looks like pride in the backstretch, heartache's 'a rollin' on the inside, my tears are holdin' back, 'n tryin' not to fold, and the race is on"
horse racing allegory lyricism from song titled "the race is on" sung by
bob weir, reckoning tour.

The race has not finished yet. The totals can be compared when the
Coalition has left Iraq. At present they are racking up victims at a far
higher rate than Saddam managed.

lyotard said:
hold your line, critcrasher. i admit to once owning a silver and black serotta, but it had pink accents (cannot choose the color at that price) and i ride on super sunday. less pickups on the road that day.
however i do not mind this rather juvenile retort, as it shows more creativity than some of the other fantasy posts floatin' round here...
all lack of credibilty aside, do post if moved to do so, we all need a break from reality from time to time.
You are right....I do live in a zoloft colored world.....Oh no, here comes the nurse and she's going to make me get off now.....M

davidmc said:
The survey found Bush's job approval rating at 45 percent, down seven points since January and the lowest ever recorded for the president in Post-ABC surveys. Fifty-three percent disapproved of the job Bush is doing.
I've read recently where GWB's approval rating is lower than that:

"...It makes little difference which independent poll results you believe, they all show numbers that reveal a nation that has lost confidence in its leader. The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll reveals only 49 percent of Americans approve of Bush's job performance. His lowest ratings are in the Harris and CNN/USA Today/Gallup polls, which reveal that only 40 percent of Americans approve his job performance. In between are the Zogby American poll (45 percent), Rasmussen Reports and CBS News polls (both 43 percent), and the Associated Press/Ipsos and Newsweek/Princeton Survey Research Associates polls (both 42 percent). Even with a margin of error of three percent per poll, his job performance ranges from a low of 37 percent to an absolute high of 52 percent. (In contrast, according to research conducted the five largest independent polls, as well as one conducted regularly by the conservative FOX News, Bill Clinton's job performance ratings, even when he was embroiled in a sex scandal, seldom dropped below 60 percent, and were usually in the mid- to upper 60s and 70s.)

President Bush likes to consider himself to be a "war president." To prove it, he trumpets 9/11 at every campaign stop and official appearance. For the most part, Americans, even into the 2004 election, went along with the White House spin that Bush was strong on the defense of the country. In May 2003, about 69 percent of Americans gave him a favorable rating. However, slightly more than two years later, an AP/Ipsos poll reveals only 38 percent of Americans approve of his handling of the war in Iraq. A Newsweek poll reveals only 34 percent of Americans approve of his handling of the war. Americans believe there is no sense of mission in Iraq. They know there was inadequate post-invasion planning, that the soldiers don't have the proper body and vehicle armor, and that the military hospitals and the VA are not prepared to handle the heavy casualties following the "end of major operations." Nevertheless, **** Cheney says he is "absolutely convinced we did the right thing in Iraq." He claims the United States is making major progress in Iraq.

The American people disagree. Only 40 percent of Americans, according to the Newsweek/Princeton poll, believe the U.S. is making progress in Iraq. The numbers are even lower in the Rasmussen Reports poll (38 percent) and ABC News/Washington Post poll (37 percent.)

Only 34 percent of Americans, according to a CNN/USA Today poll, believe they are safer because of the invasion in Iraq."

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=22547&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Wurm said:
President Bush likes to consider himself to be a "war president." To prove it, he trumpets 9/11 at every campaign stop and official appearance. For the most part, Americans, even into the 2004 election, went along with the White House spin that Bush was strong on the defense of the country.

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=22547&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
If it weren't premeditated, it would be reckless. However, since Bushco planned for an invasion the day he took office, it appears to be a felony criminal act :mad:

davidmc said:
However, since Bushco planned for an invasion the day he took office, it appears to be a felony criminal act :mad:
Right. We need to get the majority in Congress changed next year, then give these assholes the bum's rush, (if the Plame case doesn't do it first).

macca1234 said:
...muslims should go back to arab land asians back to asia land bush should send his troops home and we can worry about ourselves. and yes i am racist. but not a violent one.
Macca, Mate, My wife is Asian and is an Aussie citizen. I don't know you very well, but I do know my wife and I don't think it would be too much of a risky bet to proffer that she is probably at least as much of an upstanding citizen / asset to the community as you are. Please do fill in the gaps on how you make a better Aussie than she. Then maybe we could ask some of the elderly True Blue people around our respective communities on how much you have each done to help them.
Racism doesn't have to be physical to be violent. It is violent in its very nature. If you want people in Australia to be tolerant, you may want to take a closer look at your own persona. The thread you started on your hatred of fat people would appear to register fairly low tolerograms on the tolerance-o-meter.

davidmc said:
If it weren't premeditated, it would be reckless. However, since Bushco planned for an invasion the day he took office, it appears to be a felony criminal act :mad:[/QUO

"What was that your Honor. You want facts or evidence for the case to go forward. Facts are for sissies"......M

crithater said:
"What was that your Honor. You want facts or evidence for the case to go forward. Facts are for sissies"......M
Hey Gomer - facts and evidence have been provided aplenty on this forum for your perusal. The problem is, you don't like the taste of crow.

Wurm said:
Hey Gomer - facts and evidence have been provided aplenty on this forum for your perusal. The problem is, you don't like the taste of crow.
Hey spineless, he's not buying your theories...

what particular factual evidence are you refuting specificaly?

because a baseless personal attack would seem the very defintion of "spineless"

zapper said:
Hey spineless, he's not buying your theories...

Hypnospin said:
what particular factual evidence are you refuting specificaly?
You mean which theory...

because a baseless personal attack would seem the very defintion of "spineless"
Look Hypnocrit, listen up. You might want read some of wurmys postins before you start tapping your fingers on them there keys...