Were you a born " Free Rider"

Tj

Guest
Did you throw your leg over a bike one day and
say.......Now! I am a free rider. I have often wondered
about the mentality of said dudes. People that DH are
often very fast going down hills. People that ride XC are
pretty good at going up hills. Free riders are neither
one of these. With a few exceptions of the professional
ranks. Just what the hell does free riding have to do
with trail advocacy? They don't use trails. At least the
DHrs use trails. Why are land managers catering to these
knuckle heads? I like to consider my self gravity
appropriate. I have a big travel bike. I can stay on the
trail. There are still sections that I can't clean up, or
down. But I stay on the trail. I build trail. Just what
the F**K does free riding do for me? I know it doesn't
help me get new areas to ride.

TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft

"TJ" <[email protected]> had this to say

> Did you throw your leg over a bike one day and
> say.......Now! I am a free rider. I have often wondered
> about the mentality of said dudes. People that DH are
> often very fast going down hills. People that ride XC are
> pretty good at going up hills. Free riders are neither one
> of these. With a few exceptions of the professional ranks.
> Just what the hell does free riding have to do with trail
> advocacy? They don't use trails. At least the DHrs use
> trails. Why are land managers catering to these knuckle
> heads? I like to consider my self gravity appropriate. I
> have a big travel bike. I can stay on the trail. There are
> still sections that I can't clean up, or down. But I stay
> on the trail. I build trail. Just what the F**K does free
> riding do for me? I know it doesn't help me get new areas
> to ride.
>
> TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft

Valid questions all, but you do know it's just another
chincy marketing tool, don't you?

Dave (we've been down this road b-4)