Were you a mountain biker b4 picking up road racing?

roger89

May 29, 2005
Were you a hardcore MTB-er? ;)

Or just jumped straight on the road bike pedal? ;)

yep. have a klein attitude that i started riding here in michigan. got hooked on the tour and bought a trek 5200....like the rest of the world. lol.

i still like mtn biking for the comradre, peacefulness of the woods, and adrenaline. however, road riding is what i spend most of my saddle time doing. it's just easier to jump on the road bike and leave my house instead of packing up the mtn bike and going to the trail.

MTB-ing was sweet but training last sumeer I started watching the tour (i swear that cycling's brainwashing recuitment tool) next summer I pick up a road bike. Big improvments to, now I ride 140-150miles per week compared to 60-70, and all the drivers give be a little more respect. No longer am I some punk kid but a mature young adult. :D Long story short, my spandex ways are here to stay.

I was a road rider in my younger years, tried MTB riding with limited interest for a few years while my road riding passed away... I have since refocused on my road riding, and I am much happier w/ my R700, but I still love my R/H :D