Western Central Virginia Muni Ride Invitation

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by pdc, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. brian.slater

    brian.slater Guest

    pdc wrote:
    > One week to go. Don't miss this ride. Outstanding mountain trails, and
    > 4 star accomodations. :)

    -four- star? -*_FOUR_*- star!!! :mad: I thought it was going to be 5
    star! Well, it just won't be worth it then, if I can't get breakfast
    in bed then I just won't go!. :rolleyes: :p

    Seriously, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate,:) in fact
    we may want a canopy (I'll have a 10X20 one with me for NAUCC) for the
    sun!

    --
    brian.slater

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
    to confuse me, that will confuse me.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

  2. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    I can make it, and got the time off work.
    I don't know if I'm coming though, because my knee is STILL pretty
    messed up from last September. I don't really want it to suddenly give
    out on me on top of a mountain. Somedays it's fine, and I can do a
    couple miles of riding before it hurts. Other days, it hurts just to
    walk.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  3. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    I can make it, and got the time off work.
    I don't know if I'm coming though, because my knee is STILL pretty
    messed up from last September. I don't really want it to suddenly give
    out on me on top of a mountain. Somedays it's fine, and I can do a
    couple miles of riding before it hurts. Other days, it hurts just to
    walk.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  4. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    I can make it, and got the time off work.
    I don't know if I'm coming though, because my knee is STILL pretty
    messed up from last September. I don't really want it to suddenly give
    out on me on top of a mountain. Somedays it's fine, and I can do a
    couple miles of riding before it hurts. Other days, it hurts just to
    walk.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  5. pdc

    pdc Guest

    Skippii wrote:
    > I can make it, and got the time off work.
    > I don't know if I'm coming though, because my knee is STILL pretty
    > messed up from last September. I don't really want it to suddenly give
    > out on me on top of a mountain. Somedays it's fine, and I can do a
    > couple miles of riding before it hurts. Other days, it hurts just to
    > walk.

    But Skippi, we're counting on you to bring the main course. You're
    close enough, if you can't ride come visit and swim.

    DO I HAVE TO SAY IT 4 TIMES?

    --
    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"

    Come Ride: http://tinyurl.com/hq49e
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  6. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    Might come anyway.
    I'm off Friday and Saturday, but I'll probably head up to
    Fredricksburg/Richmond then, and come back on Sunday. I work at 3:30,
    so I can come in the morning.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  7. pdc

    pdc Guest

    I will be getting to the house Friday between 5-6 pm. Anyone arriving
    earlier make yourself at home. Take a swim in the pool....whatever. Is
    anyone planning on being there earlier? Forecast calls for possible
    showers throughout the weekend. Forecasts don't seem to mean alot in
    the mountains here though. I plan to ride unless it's a typhoon.

    --
    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"

    Come Ride: http://tinyurl.com/hq49e
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  8. brian.slater

    brian.slater Guest

    Beacuse of my wierd schedule (I work from midnight to 7 am) and the fact
    that I'm taking Friday off, I'll be there earlier than you - probably
    before noon - as I won't be able to sleep any later than 3 am any way
    (I _-*never*-_ miss lunch!!). But I intend to spend the time until
    anyone else gets there doing some serious sleeping :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    .. Or I might even try unicycling.:rolleyes:

    --
    brian.slater

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
    to confuse me, that will confuse me.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

  9. brian.slater

    brian.slater Guest

    carsonpalooza wrote:
    > what's the temperature going to be like?

    according to weather.com, Mount Solon, the great metropolis :rolleyes:
    ;) , will be 86/67 Friday and 77/65 Sat and Sun.

    --
    brian.slater

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
    to confuse me, that will confuse me.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

  10. brian.slater

    brian.slater Guest

    carsonpalooza wrote:
    > what's the temperature going to be like?

    according to weather.com, Mount Solon, the great metropolis :rolleyes:
    ;) , will be 86/67 Friday and 77/65 Sat and Sun.

    --
    brian.slater

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
    to confuse me, that will confuse me.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

  11. Phil I don't think there is any way for me to get down there :(

    Let me know next time and I will try to make it!

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  12. Phil I don't think there is any way for me to get down there :(

    Let me know next time and I will try to make it!

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  13. pdc

    pdc Guest