My cousin is planning a cross-country ride next spring and is looking for advice on the best route to get from western Mass (say Pittsfield) to Boston. I'd like to route him near Marlborough if possible.
Try the Reubels bike maps. They have them for the entire state
Ed
Tom Weaver said:
My cousin is planning a cross-country ride next spring and is looking for advice on the best route to get from western Mass (say Pittsfield) to Boston. I'd like to route him near Marlborough if possible.
Tom Weaver <[email hidden]> wrote in news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:
My cousin is planning a cross-country ride next spring and is looking for advice on the best route to get from western Mass (say Pittsfield) to Boston. I'd like to route him near Marlborough if possible.
Any Suggestions?
TIA
Tom Weaver teweaver at charter.net
aim to head northeast towards Greenfield. I think that you should try to hook up with route 122 to go past the big reservoir.
My cousin is planning a cross-country ride next spring and is looking for advice on the best route to get from western Mass (say Pittsfield) to Boston. I'd like to route him near Marlborough if possible.
Any Suggestions?
TIA
Tom Weaver teweaver at charter.net
If you want a little "local interest" in the ride, and if your route goes anywhere near Hopkinton, you might want to follow the Boston Marathon Route (making adjustments in Boston itself for those places where the marathon has runners going against normal traffic patterns). The route goes from Hopkinton to Boston. It can be found on the marathon website at BAA.org.
I took US 20 on my 1994 Cambridge-Milwaukee trip and thought it was a good route. On my 1968 trip, I took 20 from near Boston to Springfield, then went straight west on 57, then north on 8 and eventually back to 20 nearer Pittsfield. That was decidedly hillier. 20 passes just south of Marlboro.
"Tom Weaver" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
My cousin is planning a cross-country ride next spring and is looking for advice on the best route to get from western Mass (say Pittsfield) to Boston. I'd like to route him near Marlborough if possible.