General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Westmont, Illinois running

Started by Jack Coppess · · Last activity · 4 posts · 366 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 October 2005
Last activity
31 October 2005
Original author
Jack Coppess
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
366
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I will be in this area for job training next week. Any advice on place to
    run would be appreciated. Area Code 60559

    Thank You,
    Jack Coppess

  2. Jack Coppess said:

    Any advice on place to
    run would be appreciated

    I'll beat Miss Assthorpe to it: away.

  3. Jack Coppess said:

    I will be in this area for job training next week. Any advice on
    place to run would be appreciated.

    Well, you probably want to avoid I-55 and Cass Avenue.

    Just down the road, Argonne National Labs is set in some woods IIRC -
    yeah, still looks that way at http://maps.google.com in the "hybrid"
    view - but I bet you can't get in there without clearance especially
    these post-9/11 days. If you're not able to get input from local
    folks, I bet google maps is better than nothing for getting some idea
    of the lay of the land. e.g. it looks like heading east into Clarendon
    Hills, you get off the crowded grid a bit and into some curvier roads
    with lots of trees.

    Pendejo, with a few fond Westmont memories but no idea about running
    routes

  4. Bemis Woods in Western Springs is a 6 mile run through the woods to the
    zoo and 6 miles back. It's on Ogden just west of the main north/south
    in Western Springs which I think is Wolf.

    Jack

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.