Wet and Windy day out

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by sandy saunders, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. Yes it was, but silly me believed the Met Office weather forecast on their
    website, which last night indicated the same weather in the south for Sunday
    as Saturday.

    Anyway, not wishing to be deterred, I drove 35 miles in the rain to north of
    Worthing, walked 11 miles in rain, wind and bog, then drove back home in the
    rain. Mad, dedicated ......... or a screw loose!

    Anyway, whatever the weather, it was still a great circuit. Went south on
    farm tracks from near Washington Village (on the SDW) to Findon, then east
    across to Cissbury Ring. Extended further east to Steep Down, then north to
    join the SDW above Steyning Bowl. A pleasant stroll back passing
    Chanctonbury Ring followed by coffee and a sandwich in the car.

    And its still raining in the south as I look out of the window ..... so much
    for the Sunny South!

    A slideshow from along the route at the web address below.

    --
    Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills .....
    summiting still brings the
    same excitement'

    Tags:

  2. 214Fells

    214Fells Guest

    sandy saunders wrote:
    > "believed the Met Office weather forecast on their website"

    I never believe any of the forecasters bar the boys @
    http://www.mwis.org.uk but I guess they're not that interested in the
    'boring' South so not much use!

    David.

  3. 214Fells

    214Fells Guest

    "A pleasant stroll back passing Chanctonbury Ring"

    Was there last Monday, 13th February 2006! The descent towards the car
    park near Great Barn Farm was slippery to say the least!!!

    David.

    --
    ....31 summits this year so far
    30 new (16 Marilyns, 13 Nuttalls, 4 Wainwrights, 10 Birketts)

  4. > Was there last Monday, 13th February 2006! The descent towards the car
    > park near Great Barn Farm was slippery to say the least!!!

    Been up that path although it was the 'dry season' so not a problem. I do
    remember it been a bit steep, so a good dunking of water would make it
    rather 'fun.

    --

  5. > I never believe any of the forecasters bar the boys @
    > http://www.mwis.org.uk but I guess they're not that interested in the
    > 'boring' South so not much use!

    I use that site for checking on Lakes and Snowdonia conditions. About to
    have a look to check the build-up to the weekend. Might zoom up to the
    Lakes for 3 days if conditions look good.