Wet Bike Seat !!

alienator said:
Why the hell would I take the rubber glue off after I spent so much time applying it?

Actually I realise that my last reply was completely wrong, you took the rubber glue off because you realised that you had applied your new prosthesis to a completely inappropriate part of your body.
Rumours circulated of you looking like a unicorn.

slippy88 said:
I would like to know how many of you also hate having wet bike seats. Whats your favourite solution for dealing with it?

I am doing a project designing a retractable bike seat cover, that covers your seat in the day then when you return the cover retracts back into a device under the seat leaving you to ride away dry.

What do you think of this idea?

i think that would be great rather than keeping something to cover
or wipe on it.

alienator said:
...I just don't think two big personalities like yours and mine would work together.
Now that I'm inclined to agree with, from reading many of your posts over the last few years I've been on this forum, I could tell that you seem to be pretty strong-willed, like me. However, as far as being an 'enforcer' is concerned, let me state for the record that being an 'enforcer' is not the main job we do as mods. Ideally, we spend most of our time on a forum making sure everyone who visits here 'plays nicely', but lately it seems like our main task has been SPAM patrol. :eek:

alienator said:
See, instead of "let's take a walk" I shoulda said, "follow this to see how wd-40 wouldn't work in this context."
bing.gif

Exactly my point.

Now to get this thread back on topic, to keep a saddle dry in wet weather, I'd think that some type of plastic cover - even an improvised one made from a shopping bag - that stores in a seat bag would be sufficient. If the OP is referring to something that attaches to the back of the saddle and operates similarly to a window shade, I think that would also be a good idea.

I the seat is wet, chances are the rest of you will be wet pretty soon.

10minutes on the pedals at threshold, and presto, no more wet seat concerns.

Too busy thinking about the pain! ;-)