Wetsuit comparison

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Billx, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    I bought an Ironman full suit last week to replace a QR long john I'd outgrown. For some reason I
    find the Ironman suits come off easy in 15 seconds or less whereas the QR suits take me 10 minutes
    or more of struggling on the ground with both hands to remove... no kidding!!! I talked to a couple
    of my fellow triathletes who own QR suits and they also said they have similar experience. Anyone
    care to refute this or explain the difference between the two brands? When I bought the new suit I
    tried on a QR too so size is not the issue.

    Tags:

  2. BillX <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I bought an Ironman full suit last week to replace a QR long john I'd outgrown. For some reason I
    >find the Ironman suits come off easy in 15 seconds or less whereas the QR suits take me 10 minutes
    >or more of struggling on the ground with both hands to remove... no kidding!!! I talked to a couple
    >of my fellow triathletes who own QR suits and they also said they have similar experience. Anyone
    >care to refute this or explain the difference between the two brands? When I bought the new suit I
    >tried on a QR too so size is not the issue.

    The sizing on the QRs seem to lean towards the emaciated. I wouldn't be surprised if the unstretched
    diameter for the arms and legs was smaller. The Orca line is similarly restrictive, including on
    breathing. It might make for a faster suit, but add in the removal time and the discomfort and I'm
    happy to stay with my stealth.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com