Wetsuit help needed by newbie

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Martin Fowler, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Hi All

    I'm undertaking my first triathlon in a few days time - 200m swim 6mile bike 2 mile run.

    Just to make sure I look the part, I have bought a wetsuit for the swim.

    I have tried the thing on a few times but I can't work out why I am wet all over after
    taking it off.

    Is there something wrong with this suit.

    Shouldn't the whole point of a wetsuit be to keep you DRY - I don't see the point if the suit is
    going to make me wet.

    Advice please.

    Tags:

  2. Martin Fowler <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Shouldn't the whole point of a wetsuit be to keep you DRY - I don't see the point if the suit is
    >going to make me wet.
    >
    >Advice please.

    Buy a drysuit, ecce. They're cheap in your country.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

  3. Hello Martin,

    Wetsuits are called wetsuit for a reason. They will not keep you dry. They WILL keep you warm. The
    reason it is wet when you remove it is because wetsuit rubber does not breathe. It insulates.

    Emilio De Soto II 858 453 6672 www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
    www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit" Email me for a De Soto Sport free catalog

  4. Brother de Soto,

    My suit constantly stays wet. Rubbers do indeed insulate quite well.

    Fr. Guido

    [email protected] (Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello Martin,
    >
    > Wetsuits are called wetsuit for a reason. They will not keep you dry. They WILL keep you warm. The
    > reason it is wet when you remove it is because wetsuit rubber does not breathe. It insulates.

  5. Swanger

    Swanger Guest

    "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Brother de Soto,
    >
    > My suit constantly stays wet. Rubbers do indeed insulate quite well.

    Rubbers are like baseball bats. You warmup with two then drop one off and your springy and light and
    ready to knock one all the way to France.........That's exactly what the T1 will do for you.

    > Fr. Guido
    >
    > [email protected] (Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello Martin,
    > >
    > > Wetsuits are called wetsuit for a reason. They will not keep you dry.
    They
    > > WILL keep you warm. The reason it is wet when you remove it is because
    wetsuit
    > > rubber does not breathe. It insulates.

  6. My son,

    You get around, I'll say. So many names, so many mysteries. Just when the good padre thinks he's
    got you figured out, you pull out a surprise. Fr. Guido loves surprises! Will you pull out your
    surprise again?

    Fr. Guido

    "Swanger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Brother de Soto,
    > >
    > > My suit constantly stays wet. Rubbers do indeed insulate quite well.
    >
    > Rubbers are like baseball bats. You warmup with two then drop one off and your springy and light
    > and ready to knock one all the way to France.........That's exactly what the T1 will do for you.
    >

    > > Fr. Guido
    > >
    > > [email protected] (Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hello Martin,
    > > >
    > > > Wetsuits are called wetsuit for a reason. They will not keep you dry.
    > They
    > > > WILL keep you warm. The reason it is wet when you remove it is because
    > wetsuit
    > > > rubber does not breathe. It insulates.

  7. Swanger

    Swanger Guest

    "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My son,
    >
    > You get around, I'll say. So many names, so many mysteries. Just when the good padre thinks he's
    > got you figured out, you pull out a surprise. Fr. Guido loves surprises! Will you pull out your
    > surprise again?

    Damn, you used to be funny. You can do better than this?

    > Fr. Guido
    >
    > "Swanger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Brother de Soto,
    > > >
    > > > My suit constantly stays wet. Rubbers do indeed insulate quite well.
    > >
    > > Rubbers are like baseball bats. You warmup with two then drop one off
    and
    > > your springy and light and ready to knock one all the way to France.........That's exactly what
    > > the T1 will do for you.
    > >

    > > > Fr. Guido
    > > >
    > > > [email protected] (Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > They
    > > wetsuit

  8. My oily son,

    I was about to say the same thing about you. You arouse me only to tease. No, my son, I am not ecce.
    Ask him and he'll tell you. There are a couple of weirdos in here, but not I. I am that which you
    see. Truth, I'm afraid, is harder to believe than fiction - obviously a fictitious name, but not a
    fictitious person. Come to the confessional with me and find out.

    Fr. Guido

    "Swanger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My son,
    > >
    > > You get around, I'll say. So many names, so many mysteries. Just when the good padre thinks he's
    > > got you figured out, you pull out a surprise. Fr. Guido loves surprises! Will you pull out your
    > > surprise again?
    >
    > Damn, you used to be funny. You can do better than this?

  9. Swanger

    Swanger Guest

    "Father Guido Sarducci" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My oily son,
    >
    > I was about to say the same thing about you. You arouse me only to tease. No, my son, I am not
    > ecce. Ask him and he'll tell you. There are a couple of weirdos in here, but not I. I am that
    > which you see. Truth, I'm afraid, is harder to believe than fiction - obviously a fictitious name,
    > but not a fictitious person. Come to the confessional with me and find out.

    Just remember, depression is merely anger without the enthusiasm.