wetsuit ideas

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Alex Petkus, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Alex Petkus

    Alex Petkus Guest

    bakers tri in Bellingham not too "open water" I guess but it is freaking
    cold in that water. I think I decided on a QR Quick John, anybody have a
    bad experience with it. I picked the quickjohn because I get really hot
    really easy.

    Tags:

  2. "really freakin' cold" -- that's a relative term, :)

    Lake waters around here in the late summer are generally not that cold,
    but I still wore a full body wetsuit as did the majority of the
    athletes at the FederalEscape triathlon (July timeframe) at 5 Mile Lake
    which was 74 degrees on race day. August leaves even more time to warm
    up the lakes.

    I was searching to see if Lake Whatcom had online buoy reports as with
    Lake Sammamish but I didn't find anything.

    Anyway, I use the Ironman Instinct wetsuit and have been happy with it
    for these races -- it also worked well for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon
    ocean swim that I thought was really cold (58 degrees) and colder than
    the lakes around here. :)

    --
    Bryan Woodruff
    Redmond, WA