Wetsuit T1 process

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Levelx, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Levelx

    Levelx Guest

    Please pardon the redundancy of this topic, but I wan unable to figure
    out a way to keyword search the archives on this one (I am beginning
    my 2nd season of multisport and am in the process of some
    "fine-tuning"):

    Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a skin
    suit instead.

    What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath? Bike
    shorts underneath? Changing?

    Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
    attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
    concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    On 2004-02-23, levelx <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Please pardon the redundancy of this topic, but I wan unable to figure out a way to keyword search
    > the archives on this one (I am beginning my 2nd season of multisport and am in the process of some
    > "fine-tuning"):
    >
    > Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a
    > skin suit instead.
    >
    > What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath?
    > Bike shorts underneath? Changing?
    >
    > Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
    > attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
    > concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.

    Yes. Wearing your skin suit underneath is what most folks do.

    - chris

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > On 2004-02-23, levelx <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Please pardon the redundancy of this topic, but I wan unable to figure out a way to keyword
    > > search the archives on this one (I am beginning my 2nd season of multisport and am in the
    > > process of some "fine-tuning"):
    > >
    > > Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a
    > > skin suit instead.
    > >
    > > What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath?
    > > Bike shorts underneath? Changing?
    > >
    > > Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
    > > attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
    > > concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.
    > >

    > Yes. Wearing your skin suit underneath is what most folks do.
    >
    > - chris

    I have found taking the wetsuit off while still in the water is a TONNE faster than trying to do it
    at the transition. The water helps it just slide right off your body. As an added bonus on the
    really hot days, my shorts and shirt get soaked and keep me a little cooler for a little while
    longer on the bike. Just don't do it right where everyone is trying to get out of the water. I have
    had to run over a few people doing that. Mark

  4. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    Wear you cycling clothe under the wet suit. I wear a Speedo and racing tank or skin suit if the
    weather is cool enough for that. Skin suits get hot in the sun.

    Ken