"fine-tuning"):

Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a skin
suit instead.

What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath? Bike
shorts underneath? Changing?

Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.

On 2004-02-23, levelx <[email protected]> wrote:
> Please pardon the redundancy of this topic, but I wan unable to figure out a way to keyword search
> the archives on this one (I am beginning my 2nd season of multisport and am in the process of some
> "fine-tuning"):
>
> Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a
> skin suit instead.
>
> What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath?
> Bike shorts underneath? Changing?
>
> Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
> attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
> concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. Wearing your skin suit underneath is what most folks do.

- chris

> On 2004-02-23, levelx <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Please pardon the redundancy of this topic, but I wan unable to figure out a way to keyword
> > search the archives on this one (I am beginning my 2nd season of multisport and am in the
> > process of some "fine-tuning"):
> >
> > Last season I had no need for a wetsuit (because of the time of year/water temp.), but bought a
> > skin suit instead.
> >
> > What is the process for changing during the 1st transition; do I wear the skinsuit underneath?
> > Bike shorts underneath? Changing?
> >
> > Since this is my second year I am Totally psyched to get out there again, but am not going to
> > attempt to break any time records yet (maybe year 4 or 5...), so any tips you all may have
> > concerning transition 1 process would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Yes. Wearing your skin suit underneath is what most folks do.
>
> - chris

I have found taking the wetsuit off while still in the water is a TONNE faster than trying to do it
at the transition. The water helps it just slide right off your body. As an added bonus on the
really hot days, my shorts and shirt get soaked and keep me a little cooler for a little while
longer on the bike. Just don't do it right where everyone is trying to get out of the water. I have
had to run over a few people doing that. Mark

Wear you cycling clothe under the wet suit. I wear a Speedo and racing tank or skin suit if the
weather is cool enough for that. Skin suits get hot in the sun.

Ken