Weyless road components?

Status

Marty Pietruszk

Guest
Hello RBT,

I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then, I came across the Weyless
stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices are nice.

Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
(R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Anthony Gouch

Guest
I have and like the One-9-One bars, they are a great value. I have used their stems the R-4 Italian,
and R-18, the finish is so-so and they work fine. The only problem that I found is that the bolts
are very high profile and can be painful while climbing.

Tony

"Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello RBT,
>
> I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then,
> came across the Weyless stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices
> are nice.
>
> Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
> (R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Marty

Gary Young

Guest
"Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello RBT,
>
> I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then, I came across the Weyless
> stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices are nice.
>
> Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
> (R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Take a look at: <http://www.supergo.com/pdffiles/recall.pdf?cvar1=3%2F17%2F2003+1%3A09%3A32+PM>

Perhaps I'm being unfair, but the Weyless name alone (if that's any indication of where their
priorities are at), not to mention that recall, make me hesitant to get their stuff.

Callistus Valer

Guest
Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how long seat
posts are suppose to last though.

David L. Johnso

Guest
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:37:42 -0500, Callistus Valerius wrote:

> Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how
> long seat posts are suppose to last though.

Seatposts ought to last forever.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | What is objectionable, and what is dangerous about extremists is _`\(,_ | not that they are
extreme, but that they are intolerant. (_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy

Mark Hickey

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how long
> seat posts are suppose to last though.

4002 miles. Be careful! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.