Weyless road components?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Marty Pietruszk, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Hello RBT,

    I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then, I came across the Weyless
    stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices are nice.

    Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
    (R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    --
    Marty

    Tags:

  2. I have and like the One-9-One bars, they are a great value. I have used their stems the R-4 Italian,
    and R-18, the finish is so-so and they work fine. The only problem that I found is that the bolts
    are very high profile and can be painful while climbing.

    Tony

    "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello RBT,
    >
    > I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then,
    > came across the Weyless stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices
    > are nice.
    >
    > Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
    > (R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Marty

  3. Gary Young

    Gary Young Guest

    "Marty Pietruszka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello RBT,
    >
    > I'm going to change my stem and bars and I was looking at Ritchey. Then, I came across the Weyless
    > stuff at Supergo and it looks like pretty good stuff. Plus, the prices are nice.
    >
    > Does anybody have experience with Weyless components? Specifically, with their stems and bars
    > (R-19/20 stem and )ne9One Carbon Road bar). Any feedback would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Take a look at: <http://www.supergo.com/pdffiles/recall.pdf?cvar1=3%2F17%2F2003+1%3A09%3A32+PM>

    Perhaps I'm being unfair, but the Weyless name alone (if that's any indication of where their
    priorities are at), not to mention that recall, make me hesitant to get their stuff.

  4. Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how long seat
    posts are suppose to last though.

  5. On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:37:42 -0500, Callistus Valerius wrote:

    > Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how
    > long seat posts are suppose to last though.

    Seatposts ought to last forever.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | What is objectionable, and what is dangerous about extremists is _`\(,_ | not that they are
    extreme, but that they are intolerant. (_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy

  6. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Got a weyless carbon seatpost for $69, works great so far after 4000 miles. Don't know how long
    > seat posts are suppose to last though.

    4002 miles. Be careful! ;-)