What a Glorious ride!

Lee

Guest
Just enjoyed the ride in SO much this morning I felt a post was in order :)

The first dry, warm morning for quite a while - i was waterproofless and it felt brilliant... Also I
encountered the rarest of rare things this monring.... a TAILWIND! I didnt think they existed!

It felt the whole world was with me whilst i rode into work listening to the melodic chimes of The
Thrills. I couldve rode another 8 miles!

Ahhhh i feel all relaxed now and ready for the ride home :) just hope there is no wind and
its dryish!

Lee

Lee wrote:
> Just enjoyed the ride in SO much this morning I felt a post was in order :)
>
> The first dry, warm morning for quite a while - i was waterproofless and it felt brilliant... Also
> I encountered the rarest of rare things this monring.... a TAILWIND! I didnt think they existed!
>
> It felt the whole world was with me whilst i rode into work listening to the melodic chimes of The
> Thrills. I couldve rode another 8 miles!
>
> Ahhhh i feel all relaxed now and ready for the ride home :) just hope there is no wind and
> its dryish!
>
> Lee

I had the opposite, probably the wettest ride home ever. Just after the thunder and lightning,
cycling up hill into the wind avoiding the hailstone drifts and the rivers of water flowing down the
road. The rain was so heavy running down my face I couldn't breath through my nose.

When I got home my wife had kindly opened the garage door for me. I put the bike away and went to
close the door and that was when I got the biggest soaking of the day, all the water on top of the
door came straight down on me.
--
Mark

After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

"the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lee wrote:

> I had the opposite, probably the wettest ride home ever. Just after the thunder and lightning,
> cycling up hill into the wind avoiding the hailstone drifts and the rivers of water flowing down
> the road. The rain was so heavy running down my face I couldn't breath through my nose.
>
> When I got home my wife had kindly opened the garage door for me. I put the bike away and went to
> close the door and that was when I got the biggest soaking of the day, all the water on top of the
> door came straight down on me.
> --
> Mark
>
> After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

Oh dear! If it makes you feel any better, my ride home was atrocious. Discovered ANOTHER (thats 4 in
2 weeks) puncture to my rear wheel - quick ride to Halfords, changed, new tyre etc. then ride home
as fast as possible as had to be somewhere that night - record time home im sure, but the wind was
against me (REALLY REALLY against me) and stupid parking and peds didnt help matters - so i had a
nice relaxing ride in but felt like an axe murderer when i got home!