What A Great Idea!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Bonnie From Sc, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-three students filing into the already crowded auditorium.
    - With rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they
    felt. - Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and moms freely brushed away tears. - This class
    would not pray during the commencements ----- not by choice but because of a recent court ruling
    prohibiting it. - The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines
    allowed by the ruling. - They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned
    divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families. - The speeches
    were nice, but they were routine.......until the final speech received a standing ovation. - A
    solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and
    then he delivered his speech. - An astounding SNEEZE! - The rest of the students rose immediately to
    their feet, and in unison they said, - "GOD BLESS YOU." - The audience exploded into applause. The
    graduating class found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the
    court's approval.
    =================================
    This a wonderful story. It proves that "There's more than one way to skin a cat" - Pass it on to all
    your friends and family in the hope that this demonstration will be repeated in schools across this
    wonderful country of ours. - "GOD BLESS YOU"

    Tags:

  2. Hopefully next time, they'll sneeze on your food.

  3. I´ve read and heard so many times how running is supposed to be such a great aid to unleashing one´s
    creative energies. Time and time again I´ve read or heard someone extol how some- one would get his
    best ideas during his runs, but I never had any great ideas - not until last Sunday:

    Since more than a decade there have been computer games for all kinds of buffs, and for instance
    motorsport fans can drive a Formula One racing car on every circuit of the season, from the streets
    of Monaco to the banked curve of Indianapolis or they can steer a Peugeot or a Subaru in any of the
    great WRC races and experience the slippery asphalt of Corsica or the hilly gravel roads óf Finland.
    The depiction is very accurate and lifelike, there is a sense of almost being there in real life!

    But not a single games designer has thought of marathoners! There must be a great untapped market!
    Wouldn´t it be just amazing to be able to experience the Verrazano Bridge or the Västerbro in
    Stockholm, to hear the enthusiastic cheers in London or the silence of the spectators in Helsinki?
    Or to feel what it is like to run on the Champs-Elysées or the Unter den Linden?

    For serious marathoners it wouldn´t be just fun, it would be a valuable form of mental preparation.
    The game would have an "Advanced Players" mode, where correcr pacing and hydration would be required
    and the effects of any errors would play out on the screen. In "Advanced II"-mode the player could
    build a training plan, and the game would evaluate its effects, as well as those of the taper and
    the carbloading period, according to sports physiology(1).

    (1) Versions of thegame would naturally be localized also to reflect the different states of
    accepted wisdom in these areas.

    Last but not least, the computer game could be used to play out aggressions and frustrations
    incurred in real life: one could do all manner of things that are not allowed - stop to drink where
    one pleases, zigzag like heck, elbow left and right, pat someone´s behind etc - or one could jump
    into "Freeze"-mode where all other runners would slow down!

    Since I don´t personally know any game designers and I´m sure I´d be ripped off the financial gains
    of my great idea in any case, I hereby publicly offer it for free use!

    Anders

  4. Asparagus

    Asparagus Guest

    On 20 Nov 2003 03:25:08 -0800, [email protected] (Anders Lustig) wrote:

    >I´ve read and heard so many times how running is supposed to be such a great aid to unleashing
    >one´s creative energies. Time and time again I´ve read or heard someone extol how some- one would
    >get his best ideas during his runs, but I never had any great ideas - not until last Sunday:

    You quit running?

  5. MJuric

    MJuric Guest

    On 20 Nov 2003 03:25:08 -0800, [email protected] (Anders Lustig) wrote:

    <snip>

    Unfortunately I believe your idea has already been taken. Quite awhile back I had the same
    idea and started looking into it for not only running but cycling etc as well. The cycling
    has been covered quite thouroughly with the likes of Computrainer etc. The running was not
    quite as "popular" but I believe I saw several products that offered similar functions to
    Computrainer for treadmills. Even head to head stuff over the internet. It's been quite a
    while so I can't remember were I saw it, but if memory serves it's available.

    ~Matt