What a nice start to the day ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul - xxx, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Just got back from a short 8 miles, but longish 3 hours ride across the
    fields and lanes around Hatfield peat fens, marshes and through some of the
    sand quarries closer to home.

    Slippy, very wet, extremely dark 'cos there was little moon and no
    street/house light pollution, but saw an amazing sunrise, about seven Foxes,
    and a couple of owls.

    Very 'crisp' riding conditions, some cloud cover so not totally freezing,
    but certainly needed sleeves and leggings.

    Headset came loose so it became a little fraught for a while. I had felt
    something wrong, but thought it was a tyre. Easily fixed though with the
    multi-tool allen keys.

    Just a nice early, dark ride.
    ..
    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Tags:

  2. "Paul - xxx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just got back from a short 8 miles, but longish 3 hours ride across the
    > fields and lanes around Hatfield peat fens, marshes and through some of
    > the sand quarries closer to home.
    >
    > Slippy, very wet, extremely dark 'cos there was little moon and no
    > street/house light pollution, but saw an amazing sunrise, about seven
    > Foxes, and a couple of owls.
    >
    > Very 'crisp' riding conditions, some cloud cover so not totally freezing,
    > but certainly needed sleeves and leggings.
    >
    > Headset came loose so it became a little fraught for a while. I had felt
    > something wrong, but thought it was a tyre. Easily fixed though with the
    > multi-tool allen keys.
    >
    > Just a nice early, dark ride.
    > .
    > --
    > Paul ...
    > (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Me too: 10 miles round Musselburgh and the River Esk all in the dark - but
    plenty of distant city glow. I was heading off at 0545 but it was raining -
    I got away at 0625. Lots of rabbits and foxes (you would think they would
    be mutually incompatible). 6 degrees here so still in lycra shorts but
    needed my good gloves.

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just got back from a short 8 miles, but longish 3 hours ride across the
    > fields and lanes around Hatfield peat fens, marshes and through some of
    > the sand quarries closer to home.
    >
    > Slippy, very wet, extremely dark 'cos there was little moon and no
    > street/house light pollution, but saw an amazing sunrise, about seven
    > Foxes, and a couple of owls.

    I didn't go out for a 70 miler with my club today - I developed an irregular
    heart beat after straining myself last weekend, so I had a gentle 15 miles
    on my new road bike before it gets hosed down and put away for the rest of
    the winter. Very nice ride, roll on March!

    --
    Simon Mason
    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net