What acc. should I have gotten when I bought it bike?!

Profoxcg

Jul 18, 2009
Hi guys,

I bought a 2009 Sepcialized Allez compact double (C2)
However I didn't get an owners manual or any of the small things listed on the manufacturers site.

If this something I should go back and as about?
for example on the manudacturers website it shows a white saddle as oposed to the black saddel i got (but I think that is ok, the black will be more durable) but also it shows these items:

Chain stay protector, chain catcher, derailleur hanger, clear coat, owners manual

I dont see a chain stays protector, or catcher... im sure the derailleur hanger is there.. but not owners manual either. Please advise.

The chain stay protector is typically a transparent bit of tape on your right chainstay to protect the paint job a bit and I'm guessing what they call the "chain catcher" is what most folks refer to as a "pie plate" that sits between your largest rear cog and the spokes of your wheel. Many cyclists throw away the pie plate immediately after bringing their new bike home. If your rear derailleur is adjusted properly it does nothing for you.

I wouldn't worry about owners manuals or manufacturer's accessories like those you mention. Definitely take care of other accessories like patch kit, pump, cycling clothes, watter bottles and cages, etc. You could try to get a free aftermarket chainstay protector out of your bike shop to keep your frame in better shape a bit longer but even that isn't exactly essential.

-Dave