What advice to give - WARNING: contains helmets

| David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
|
| | On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:42:18 +0000 someone who may be Patrick
| | Herring <[email protected]> wrote this:-
|
| | I suppose you could include gloves with helmets so as to promote the
| | fact that helmets aren't safety gear as such.
|
| Gloves could well be called safety gear, unlike helmets.

I suppose it depends on what you want to be saved from...

Could gloves prevent fatal or irreparable damage?

--
Patrick Herring, http://www.anweald.co.uk/ph

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:51:42 +0000, Patrick Herring <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>| Gloves could well be called safety gear, unlike helmets.
>I suppose it depends on what you want to be saved from...
>Could gloves prevent fatal or irreparable damage?

Not that you'd make such a fatuous claim for helmets, of course.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Patrick Herring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Could gloves prevent fatal or irreparable damage?

Yes. They could prevent severe lacerations of the wrist resulting in death
by bleeding.

Unlikely -- but no more unlikely than a helmet protecting you from a
scrambled brain.

Have a safe but nice day.

Patrick Herring wrote:
>> David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:42:18 +0000 someone who may be Patrick
>>> Herring <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>>> I suppose you could include gloves with helmets so as to promote the
>>> fact that helmets aren't safety gear as such.

>> Gloves could well be called safety gear, unlike helmets.

> I suppose it depends on what you want to be saved from...
>
> Could gloves prevent fatal or irreparable damage?

Tetanus ?

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK