What are some of your hobbies?

stevegreer said:
Other than cycling, of course, what are some hobbies you enjoy?

Me: Reading books and magazines. Home improvements. Stressing out about the Stock Market and wondering if my meager investments are ever going to be anything other than just meager. That's about it.

Your turn!
computers and cooking

Writing and photography; both of which have sometimes gotten out of hand and become careers.

My hobbies include...

-Coffee
-herbal teas
-literature
-outdoors general
-hiking and camping more specifically
-running
-movies that invoke you to think after they have completed
-cooking
-combat sports

-Josh

Metal detecting and geocaching, along with bicycling, and best is doing all three together.

Cooking, most definitely. French mainly, some Spanish.

Photography. Large and medium format. Started as a hobby (doing landscapes), then became my job for awhile (architecture and portraiture). I still own a couple of nice Rolleiflexes, a chrome M6 Leica, a Hasselblad 500C/M, and a Toyo 45AII field camera. I only shoot digital now with a Canon 5D.

Movies; both old and new, and I typically get a real kick out of foreign films.

Kites. I used to build them more often, but now I just like to fly 'em.

Watches. Orient, Hamilton, anything clean and uncluttered.

Reading. I'm also a big fan of Bernard Cornwell, although I read just about anything.

Music, classical - I play the clarinet. I find classical music similar to road cycling: The notes (road) are given, you can play it in many different ways. When playing (riding) in a group, you need to stay together and keep a tempo (pace), the lead is taken by turns.

I also read once in a while, when in the proper mood.

Hi!
I have many hobbies. Some of them are traveling, shopping, drawing picture, listening music, playing games and watching movies.

Serial killing, but I may have to give it up as my backyard is just overflowing with corpses.
Anyone have a garage to rent?

stevebaby said:
Serial killing, but I may have to give it up as my backyard is just overflowing with corpses.
Anyone have a garage to rent?

Have you been covering new corpses with lime? I find that's necessary.

Will it burn the lawn? I hope not...I'm quite proud of my back garden.The recent wet weather is bringing up stray limbs like mushrooms and it's quite distressing.I've tried mulching them back into the lawn with the ride-on mower but I can hardly keep up.
I think in future I'll turn a few of them into zombies to carry the load a bit with the garden maintenance. It's so hard to get good help these days.

I enjoy photography, travel, I draw and paint, I do calligraphy by hand, I am a voracious reader and love historical novels, I used to bowl until foot issues curtailed my career in 2003, my last bowling function was my induction into our local Hall Of Fame. I suck at riding so I needed to be good at SOMETHING. I also enjoy fine British Ales and historic taverns.

stevebaby said:
Will it burn the lawn? I hope not...I'm quite proud of my back garden.The recent wet weather is bringing up stray limbs like mushrooms and it's quite distressing.I've tried mulching them back into the lawn with the ride-on mower but I can hardly keep up.
I think in future I'll turn a few of them into zombies to carry the load a bit with the garden maintenance. It's so hard to get good help these days.

It depends on the lawn. Apply some to small area to see if it causes a color change. If so, use lemon instead of lime.

alienator said:
It depends on the lawn. Apply some to small area to see if it causes a color change. If so, use lemon instead of lime.

Bugger that, just boil the corpses and make soups and stocks. If you add enough seasoning and herbs, and strain it properly you don't even have to worry about their clothes in the mix.

taniwha said:
Bugger that, just boil the corpses and make soups and stocks. If you add enough seasoning and herbs, and strain it properly you don't even have to worry about their clothes in the mix.
Unless they're cyclists. The thought of sucking on some grungy cyclist's chamois* is a bit icky.Otherwise...an excellent suggestion!

*Paris Hilton's excepted.

stevebaby said:
Unless they're cyclists. The thought of sucking on some grungy cyclist's chamois* is a bit icky.Otherwise...an excellent suggestion!

*Paris Hilton's excepted.

Where is the pride in your work steve? I've never understood serial killers who don't dismember and eat their victims. If you are gonna be a bear, be a grizzly bear, that is what I always say.

Another option is to move to Adelaide. There are so many serial killers there you can always blame all the carcasses in your back yard on the previous tenants.

classic1 said:
Where is the pride in your work steve? I've never understood serial killers who don't dismember and eat their victims. If you are gonna be a bear, be a grizzly bear, that is what I always say.

Another option is to move to Adelaide. There are so many serial killers there you can always blame all the carcasses in your back yard on the previous tenants.
Maybe I could plant them with their arses sticking out so I could use them for bike racks?

Too much competition in Adelaide, and all the best victims have already been killed and eaten. If it wasn't for the TDU there'd be noone there at all.
Sidernee OTOH is chokkas with prime candidates for cullin'.

I never liked clowns and went on a clown killing spree a while back but I just couldn't eat them. Their flesh aleways tastes funny.

jhuskey said:
I never liked clowns and went on a clown killing spree a while back but I just couldn't eat them. Their flesh aleways tastes funny.
A little known fact...McDonalds burgers are made from ground-up clown meat.
Don't be fooled by that Ronald character.