What are symptoms of heart attack?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Zee, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Zee

    Zee Guest

    I can't post on my other e-mails. I don't know why. I am not trying to
    be disingenuous--please tell me:

    What are the symptoms of heart disease that one would notice? I have read many things, but wonder
    what those who have had a heart attack have experienced in the weeks or days prior to an event, when
    after they associated with warning of an imminent event.

    Jaw pain? Neck pain? Noise in ears? Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?

    Thanks for your true responses.

    B'adant/Zee/MFG

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Zee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I can't post on my other e-mails. I don't know why. I am not trying to be disingenuous--please
    > tell me:
    >
    > What are the symptoms of heart disease that one would notice? I have read many things, but wonder
    > what those who have had a heart attack have experienced in the weeks or days prior to an event,
    > when after they associated with warning of an imminent event.
    >
    > Jaw pain? Neck pain? Noise in ears? Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?
    >
    > Thanks for your true responses.
    >
    > B'adant/Zee/MFG

    Here is a link to a site that talks about heart attack symptoms.

    http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4595

    As far as I know, noise in ears is not a symptom. Pain may be. One could become nervous or anxious
    due to the pain.

    In some cases there is no warning before a major event- though if you have risk factors for heart
    disease you might consider that a warning. In other cases there are no symptoms. In other words,
    people have a small silent heart attack without even being aware of it. In some cases there is some
    pain often on the left side which sometimes gets worse with exercise.

    Bill

  3. Zee wrote:

    > I can't post on my other e-mails. I don't know why. I am not trying to be disingenuous--please
    > tell me:
    >
    > What are the symptoms of heart disease that one would notice?

    "an elephant is sitting on my chest"

    > I have read many things, but wonder what those who have had a heart attack have experienced in the
    > weeks or days prior to an event, when after they associated with warning of an imminent event.
    >
    > Jaw pain?

    Possibly.

    > Neck pain?

    Possibly.

    > Noise in ears?

    Uncommon.

    > Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?

    Possibly.

    > Thanks for your true responses.

    You are welcome :)

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  4. Owen Lowe

    Owen Lowe Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Zee) wrote:

    > Jaw pain? Neck pain? Noise in ears? Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?

    None of the above for me, but:

    * Burning sensation at the base of my throat that wasn't relieved with antacids. Experienced this
    off and on for a couple weeks.
    * Dull ache in my left arm - sometimes on the inside of my bicep, sometimes down near my elbow.
    Experienced this off and on for a couple weeks.
    * Slight dizziness when coming to a stop after walking a couple blocks with the above symptoms -
    the dizziness was only felt once, the day I went to the hospital because, "Something just doesn't
    feel right."

    I'd also like to add the comment that I could easily have ignored the above symptoms for quite some
    time longer. The proverbial elephant never came to sit on my chest, so don't wait for the pachyderm
    before seeking medical help if "things just don't feel right". (BTW, I had an almost completely
    blocked right coronary artery, was angioplastied, then stented. I've had zero further problems or
    symptoms for one year now - anniversary was last week.)

  5. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Zee wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:

    >I can't post on my other e-mails. I don't know why. I am not trying to be disingenuous--
    >please tell me:

    >What are the symptoms of heart disease that one would notice?

    Symptoms of *disease* may be tiredness, getting out of breath, loss of endurance, cold extremities.
    But many heart attacks are silent, with no symptoms noticed prior to the attack (not necessarily
    symptom free, but symptoms overlooked or below the threshold of attention).

    > I have read many things, but wonder what those who have had a heart attack have experienced in the
    > weeks or days prior to an event, when after they associated with warning of an imminent event.

    The only symptom I had was an inability to build my running endurance, resulting in the slowest
    marathon I ever ran. Two weeks later to the day I was in the cath lab.

    >Jaw pain? Neck pain? Noise in ears? Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?

    Also, frequently, numbness or other symptoms in the left arm and shoulder. When my attack hit I felt
    like someone had kicked me in the solar plexis.
    --
    Don [email protected]

  6. Zee

    Zee Guest

    Don Kirkman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It seems to me I heard somewhere that Zee wrote in article
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    > >I can't post on my other e-mails. I don't know why. I am not trying to be disingenuous--please
    > >tell me:
    >
    > >What are the symptoms of heart disease that one would notice?
    >
    > Symptoms of *disease* may be tiredness, getting out of breath, loss of endurance, cold
    > extremities. But many heart attacks are silent, with no symptoms noticed prior to the attack (not
    > necessarily symptom free, but symptoms overlooked or below the threshold of attention).
    >
    > > I have read many things, but wonder what those who have had a heart attack have experienced in
    > > the weeks or days prior to an event, when after they associated with warning of an imminent
    > > event.
    >
    > The only symptom I had was an inability to build my running endurance, resulting in the slowest
    > marathon I ever ran. Two weeks later to the day I was in the cath lab.
    >
    > >Jaw pain? Neck pain? Noise in ears? Nervousness and anxiety with no emotional reason?
    >
    > Also, frequently, numbness or other symptoms in the left arm and shoulder. When my attack hit I
    > felt like someone had kicked me in the solar plexis.

    Thank you to all who responded. A friend experienced nothing he can list, but had been feeling
    seriously depressed in the week prior to his heart attack 9 days ago. He had severe pain in the
    middle of the night, his wife drove him to emergency, where it was found he had a blocked artery. He
    had an angioplasty and stent. He is not diabetic and his cholesterol level is 6.1.

    Zee/b'adant

  7. Hawki63 wrote:

    > >Subject: Re: What are symptoms of heart attack? From: [email protected] (Zee) Date: 2/14/2004
    > >9:57 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    > my husband's ONLY symptom was pain in both elbows!!!
    >
    > no chest pain,,sweating,,shortness of breath,,jaw or arm pain..etc etc etc...
    >
    > his LAD was totally blocked!!!
    >
    > hawki.....

    Your husband's experience underscores the fact that heart pain is a "referred" pain.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1BB12C67

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  8. Zee

    Zee Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hawki63 wrote:
    >
    > > >Subject: Re: What are symptoms of heart attack? From: [email protected] (Zee) Date: 2/14/2004
    > > >9:57 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > > my husband's ONLY symptom was pain in both elbows!!!
    > >
    > > no chest pain,,sweating,,shortness of breath,,jaw or arm pain..etc etc etc...
    > >
    > > his LAD was totally blocked!!!
    > >
    > > hawki.....
    >
    > Your husband's experience underscores the fact that heart pain is a "referred" pain.
    >

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist

    Dr. Chung said: ....heart pain is a "referred" pain.

    As one who is familiar with referred pain from a spondylolisthesis, I can say that makes a lot of
    sense. Merci, B'adant