What are the benefits of being a Christian? Why should I become A Christian?

snyper0311 said:
So I guess you forgot about Sept. 11th! That was an attempt at the normal, everyday joe that had probably never done anything to those people who committed the attacks. When you say "you", remember that we take any threat to an American or American soil personally. So, it's not an alleged threat, it actually happened. And yes, to him!
Who's him? Zapper or Bush?

snyper0311 said:
So I guess you forgot about Sept. 11th! That was an attempt at the normal, everyday joe that had probably never done anything to those people who committed the attacks. When you say "you", remember that we take any threat to an American or American soil personally. So, it's not an alleged threat, it actually happened. And yes, to him!

I asked Zapper if there had been an assasination attempt on him, after he said that he was under threat.

He replied with this "I am an Infidel so there is a bounty on my head and the rest of the non-muslim world...even you my friend unless you have converted."

I'd love to know who issued an assasination threat to Zapper, personally.

He refers to a bounty being on his head and tells me that someone has threatened me as well !
I don't recall any threats to me, personally.
So, if he's including me, maybe he can tell me who issued this threat.

I think Zappers scaremongering.

Did someone issue a threat to you too ?

limerickman said:
I asked Zapper if there had been an assasination attempt on him, after he said that he was under threat.

He replied with this "I am an Infidel so there is a bounty on my head and the rest of the non-muslim world...even you my friend unless you have converted."

He refers to a bounty being on his head and tells me that someone has threatened me as well !

Someone probably did threaten Zapper, but that's the penalty to pay for selling them crappy houses.

FredC said:
Someone probably did threaten Zapper, but that's the penalty to pay for selling them crappy houses.

The house he keeps telling us about with it's sq footage of this and it's value of that ?
I wonder is it..............

Ah, forget it.

limerickman said:
zapper feeling threatened by Islam is his way to justify his hatred of of them. After all they attacked 'us' first. How can 'we' be in the wrong by hating them?

As a non-islamist, I do not feel threatened by Islam. I think its a uniqley american trait, probably brought on by years of brainwashing and christian fundamantalist beliefs.

MountainPro said:
zapper feeling threatened by Islam is his way to justify his hatred of of them. After all they attacked 'us' first. How can 'we' be in the wrong by hating them?

As a non-islamist, I do not feel threatened by Islam. I think its a uniqley american trait, probably brought on by years of brainwashing and christian fundamantalist beliefs.

I agree Pro - seems to be an excuse to cloud Zappers racism/bigotry toward Muslims.

Is my microphone completely off here???? :confused:

I'll say it again, true Christian beliefs has hatred of NO ONE! Stop lumping lunatic fringes into what being a Christian is really about. I never read once Jesus calling for hatred of anyone. In fact, He said that it is easy to love your friends, but you also must love those who come against you. Seems to me true Christians will not have hatred, bigotry, or whatever else against other people.

PseudoTrek said:
Is my microphone completely off here???? :confused:

I'll say it again, true Christian beliefs has hatred of NO ONE! Stop lumping lunatic fringes into what being a Christian is really about. I never read once Jesus calling for hatred of anyone. In fact, He said that it is easy to love your friends, but you also must love those who come against you. Seems to me true Christians will not have hatred, bigotry, or whatever else against other people.
I hope this is directed towards Zap boy, he is the one shitting his shorts because in his mind he, personally, is public enemy #1 in the Islamic underworld.

most of us on here embrace our Islamic, Christian or whatever cousins as friends.

limerickman said:

He is probably referring to certain passages in the Koran that refers to killing all infidels (non-Islamics or non believers).
A non-Islamics I suppose is one that has not given up his will to to will of God.
I suppose the term infidel is open to interpretation as is all text. A well skilled trial attorney could take the Koran and twist in into a Steven King novel.
I would like to understand more about the Islamic movement out of curiosity.

That doesn't mean I have to trust them!

jhuskey said:
He is probably referring to certain passages in the Koran that refers to killing all infidels (non-Islamics or non believers).
A non-Islamics I suppose is one that has not given up his will to to will of God.
I suppose the term infidel is open to interpretation as is all text. A well skilled trial attorney could take the Koran and twist in into a Steven King novel.
I would like to understand more about the Islamic movement out of curiosity.

That doesn't mean I have to trust them!

The same can be done to the Bible, I would expect.

Terrorists are the only ones who threaten.

It reminds me of a very good saying "not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslims."

limerickman said:

It reminds me of a very good saying "not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslims."
Zapper has a point w/ the Islam-fascist influenced terrorist's. They do not represent all Islam. That does not detract from the fact that Islam seems to resemble the old testament in it's barbarity & exclusion/marginalization of people who are different. Do you see why I have my signature at the bottom of all of my posting's :confused: All of this & I didn't even touch upon; no pun intended :D , Catholic Church's systematic abuses of power & strict hierarchical structure. Being an Atheist myself, it (Islam[Koran], Jewish[OT], Catholicism[?]) does look to be, at closer observation, a colossal waste of time & blood based on mythology. The human race could do better, in my humble opinion.

I think this has taught us 2 things.

1. Intimidation works in the US.
2. al-Qa'ida & Usama bin Laden et al are winning the psychological war if perfectly safe Americans are running scared inside thier own country thinking they are next.

a couple of weeks ago i was at the American embassy in London. The security there is tighter than a knat's chuff. There are huge concete barriers all around the building with 24 hour armed police officers patrolling the perimeter wearing body armour and carrying pump action shot guns. This is NOT the norm for British police officers. Its like a bloody fortress. Across the way are the Canadian and Japanese embassies with no such security.

Its true that the Merkins are scared of some kind of attack and if you believe whats pouring out of the american foriegn office then an attack on us soil by fundamentalist terrorists is merely a matter of when, not if.

The chances (according to the merkins) of an american or british plane being bombed out of the sky is very high. The chances that you or i will be involved is very very low.

i wouldnt worry about it on a personal safety level.

MountainPro said:

2. al-Qa'ida & Usama bin Laden et al are winning the psychological war if perfectly safe Americans are running scared inside their own country thinking they are next.
Next, next :confused: We were first :mad: I'm not saying Bush Sr's & Reagan's proxy war's of day's gone bye (arming Saddam & setting up bases in Saudi) didn't precipitate this action but we must remain on guard. The willful disregard of that would be at our own peril. You certainly don't have much to worry about excerpt from the IRA, I suppose; which need to be addressed also. Heard about an assassination that was believed to be carried out by them, not to mention the largest bank-robbery in U.K. history

MountainPro said:

2. al-Qa'ida & Usama bin Laden et al are winning the psychological war if perfectly safe Americans are running scared inside thier own country thinking they are next.

I agree - when perfectly safe people start saying that they're under threat, the terrorists have won.
The war has been lost immediately.

That's without even looking at the civil liberties that have been withdrawn for US citizens, under so called "security" measures by their own goverment.

There's more of a threat from within, than from without.

limerickman said:
I agree - when perfectly safe people start saying that they're under threat, the terrorists have won.
The war has been lost immediately.

That's without even looking at the civil liberties that have been withdrawn for US citizens, under so called "security" measures by their own goverment.

There's more of a threat from within, than from without.
Yes, I am in complete disagreement w/ "Patriot II" "big-brother-Orwellian legislation. It would be a joke if it weren't so far reaching & nefarious. Constructed by the recently deposed ;) John Ashcroft. It is an abomination to everything this country stands for. If it passes we will have lost.

limerickman said:

That is my point extremists are dangerous in any form.

jhuskey said:
That is my point extremists are dangerous in any form.

Agreed. Violence in any form should not be tolerated and should have no place in our 21st century. You would have thought that barbarism would have ended by now.

Paranoia is alive and well and seated firmly in the U.S. As one who works public safety I think I can fairly say that it has infiltrated down to the municipal level where an unknown car in the neighborhood, a guy, "not looking too friendly" or "not knowing what someone is doing" is now reason to call the police. Everyone seems to be in a constant state of expecting to be attacked. Propaganda works. As for losing the war; we lost that the day after 9/11 when Americans forgot that there is such a thing as American ideals and American values that can never be compromised in exchange for the appearance of greater security. That appearance is exactly what Americans used to fear and it is the opposite of liberty. Welcome to fascist America. And unfortunately, some Christians, (certainly not all), as much as any other non-political group, believe this to be the proper path for the country even while they claim to think that violence and killing are against the teachings of Christ. Odd that they are so clearly in compliance with the teachings of the God of the Bible since he and Christ are supposed to be one within the trinity along with the Ghost.

More and more this makes me think atheism is exclusive in its hold on sanity. But of course, that's just my opinion.

Beastt said:
As for losing the war; we lost that the day after 9/11 when Americans forgot that there is such a thing as American ideals and American values that can never be compromised in exchange for the appearance of greater security. That appearance is exactly what Americans used to fear and it is the opposite of liberty. Welcome to fascist America. And unfortunately, some Christians, (certainly not all), as much as any other non-political group, believe this to be the proper path for the country even while they claim to think that violence and killing are against the teachings of Christ.
More and more this makes me think atheism is exclusive in its hold on sanity. But of course, that's just my opinion.
I like you due to that last caveat you put in your post. I am an Atheist & as such, am feared throughout the land :eek: It is patently obvious that when one party brings religion into any argument all rational discussion ceases to take place. For example-abortion, the death penalty, & most prominently evolution ( the bible/Vatican claims the earth is @ 5,000 yrs. old :confused: As far as security is concerned, I believe Ben Franklin said " Give up liberty in return for security & you will have neither." The neocon's seem to have forgotten this. God help us all (figure of speech) if the Republicans (modern day puritans) pass "Patriot Act-Part II". :eek: