What are the best tires to buy?

mdquik

Jan 2, 2007
Ok so I have a bianchi eros and I have had a few flats already, so I was wondering what are the best tires to buy to prevent too many flats as well as other things I can do to prevent to many flats. I would also like to know what is a good book to buy about cycling that will tell me how to become a good cyclist, thanks.
Marcus

Flat may be caused by the rim or spokes. Check the tire every 5 mi +- and remove any glass ect. Consider the Mr Tuffy product.

Hi, Im by no means an experienced cyclist but I've been using Vittoria tyres and have had no problems with them.

gclark8 said:
Conti Ultra Gator Skins, the largest selling tyre in Aus. :D
I continually hear good things about the Continental Gator Skins. I haven't tried a set, but probably will the next time I need tires.

That said, on my bike right now I have a set of Performance Forte GT2 Kevlar Road Tire on my bike because they only cost US$10 each (plus shipping). I've got only about 200 miles on them, but have run over a bunch of glass as is normal on my rides without any flats.

Before that, I had a Hutchinson Top Speed tire on, and it seemed to resist punctures very well.

mdquik said:
Ok so I have a bianchi eros and I have had a few flats already, so I was wondering what are the best tires to buy to prevent too many flats as well as other things I can do to prevent to many flats. I would also like to know what is a good book to buy about cycling that will tell me how to become a good cyclist, thanks.
Marcus
I think it's difficult to say which tyres are best as it seems to be down to personal experience. I'm currently using 700x28 Dutch Perfect tyres on my road bike and I inflate them to 90% of max pressure. Of course if you want to ride as fast as possible, this type of configuration may not suit your needs.

Hi! Like others have said, what tires to use are largely a matter of personal taste... I really like the Continental GP 4000's I've been riding on for about a year now; very tough and fast. Previously I rode on the Michelin Pro 2's, which were also very good. Both are on e-bay for about $60 a pair (w/o shipping).

Books: I've really enjoyed "Greg Lemonds complete book of bicycling"; available used on Amazon for a penny...

http://www.amazon.com/Greg-lemonds-complete-bicycling-Perigee/dp/0399515941/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-4887346-0282255?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183034758&sr=1-1

Good luck!