What are the USS SWB 'bents?

Hi,

Could someone tell me what USS SWB 'bents are currently
available in the marketplace? Ideally, I'd like a
non-tiller steering design and a mesh style seat.

Brian

[email protected] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone tell me what USS SWB 'bents are currently
> available in the marketplace? Ideally, I'd like a
> non-tiller steering design and a mesh style seat.

There are not too many choices that meet the above criteria. A couple
are <http://www.tandembike.com/Eliminator.html> and
<http://www.haluzak.com/products/products.htm>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

[email protected] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone tell me what USS SWB 'bents are currently
> available in the marketplace? Ideally, I'd like a
> non-tiller steering design and a mesh style seat.

There are not too many choices that meet the above criteria. A couple
are <http://www.tandembike.com/Eliminator.html> and
<http://www.haluzak.com/products/products.htm>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could someone tell me what USS SWB 'bents are currently
> > available in the marketplace? Ideally, I'd like a
> > non-tiller steering design and a mesh style seat.

> There are not too many choices that meet the above criteria. A couple
> are <http://www.tandembike.com/Eliminator.html> and
> <http://www.haluzak.com/products/products.htm>.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

I'm not sure if Haluzak is still making complete bikes, if I recall a few
months ago his assistant quit and he's just making framesets unless you are
talking used bikes

[email protected] wrote:

> Could someone tell me what USS SWB 'bents are currently
> available in the marketplace? Ideally, I'd like a
> non-tiller steering design and a mesh style seat.

If you're willing to ditch the mesh seat there's an *abundance* of
European designs that are SWB and USS. Having used both mesh and
hardshell I think I actually prefer the hardshell. It is somewhat
sweatier, but a porus cushion, which is pretty easy to come by, makes an
appreicable difference and I find overall support and power transfer
better on my current hard shell than my previous mesh. Overall, it
wasn't actually a big deal changing from one to the other, one being
comfy and the other being comfy...
Do try /any/ seat before laying out cash, if you can.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK