Power meters ยท Public discussion

What are your changes in FT over a year?

Started by Rob Havemeyer ยท ยท Last activity ยท 4 posts ยท 1,068 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
23 October 2007
Last activity
24 October 2007
Original author
Rob Havemeyer
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,068
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm fairly new to cycling and recently bought a powertap for training /racing ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was wondering what you have been able to change your FT from year to year ? I'm just curious what the avg changes have been for new riders vs veterans etc..

    I'm at 250watts now but depending on training/genetics/ etc. should I expect a 3%, 5%, 7% Change ? For a full training year ?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Rob Havemeyer said:

    I'm fairly new to cycling and recently bought a powertap for training /racing ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was wondering what you have been able to change your FT from year to year ? I'm just curious what the avg changes have been for new riders vs veterans etc..

    I'm at 250watts now but depending on training/genetics/ etc. should I expect a 3%, 5%, 7% Change ? For a full training year ?

    Thanks in advance

    IMHO 10% is a very realistic achievable target.

  3. Rob Havemeyer said:

    ...should I expect a 3%, 5%, 7% Change ? For a full training year ?

    Rob, if you search this forum using the term "FTP improvement" you'll find a number of threads that illustrate people's experiences. Here are a couple of threads that might help...

    [font=Times New Roman]cyclingforums.comt376100.html[/font]

    [font=Times New Roman]cyclingforums.comt393643.html[/font]

    The consensus seems to be that its hard to tell how much improvement you'll see because there are so many variables at play. How long you've been cycling, hours you have to train, genetic abilities, your motivation to train, etc. etc.

    Personally I saw a solid gains in my 18 months of structured training after being out of the sport for 7 years. But now I'm reaching the top end of my genetic abilities (sadly my SRM doessn't lie) and I'm probably stuck w modest gains and/or trying to become more efficient/lighter to raise my w/kg at various power ranges.

    Good luck

    gene r

  4. Last October FTP 211watts this October 267watts could have done better learning as I go.

    Rob Havemeyer said:

    I'm fairly new to cycling and recently bought a powertap for training /racing ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was wondering what you have been able to change your FT from year to year ? I'm just curious what the avg changes have been for new riders vs veterans etc..

    I'm at 250watts now but depending on training/genetics/ etc. should I expect a 3%, 5%, 7% Change ? For a full training year ?

    Thanks in advance

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.