What are your favourite knicks?

roadiechick

Apr 13, 2004
Hi

Just wondered what everyone's favourite knicks were? I am looking at getting a few new pairs, need some ideas.

RoadieChick

By "knicks" do you mean shorts? ;)

If so, I'd have to say Pearl Izumi are mine. I use the Quest bibs and find them durable, comfortable and a good value for the price...

I've always want a pair but have yet to get them. Pearl Izumi does make a great short so I would think that the nickers would be of the same quality and a little $$$ more too.

Originally posted by roadiechick
Hi

Just wondered what everyone's favourite knicks were? I am looking at getting a few new pairs, need some ideas.

RoadieChick

Hi Roadiechick

The fellas below are correct -I took a spill in mine .. they .. the knickers - survived without a scratch - my thigh on the other hand! Expensive; but, good value and get ones with the flat seams for more comfort. These are usually a little more also; but, as I said "well worth it"! Happy shopping!

Hi

RoadieChick

I like and recommend for commodity and durability the Trek Criterium shorts, they even make a difference for ladies and boys in the padding, look at the tag to see what version is.

Netti. An Aussie brand (netti.com.au) - by far the best nix I've ever worn.

honestly the best shorts I have ever worn are the shorts by patagonia. The are very breathable and have the best front low cut of any short I have worn. They are not as durrable, but the are so comfortable I forget I have them on when I am done riding. With the low cut in the front, it makes breathing easy when I am breathing hard.

Jdawg

I buy all my shorts from Performance here in the states. Their own brand is very competitive for price, quality and comfort. And if a stitch ever unravels or a leg loses its elasticity, I send 'em back and they replace 'em for free. (The squeaky wheel gets the bling)

Sugoi Ultimate Shorts (they have knickers too). I like the high quality chamois and the texture of the outer fabric makes them less disco (shiny). They can be found for around 70 USD. A better deal than Pearl Izumi, IMHO.

Hi

RoadieChick

In terms of quality/longevity/comfort (and pretty much in price order too!) I'd have to rank shorts as follows.

1. Assos
2. Santini
3. Vermarc
4. Castelli
5. Nalini

If you look after them well, gentle wash in wool mix-cold water only-hang over a door knob to dry and use a good chamois cream, they should last ages. Shorts are a very important piece of kit and too expensive these days to not look after.

My best knicks would be by Giordana (i havent tried any of the more expensive american brands). These are italian made and sponsor teams such as ONCE (i know they dont exist any more) Panaria-Ceramiche and a few others. I got mine from online shop www.probikekit.com and they are very competitively priced. I think u can only get them in team colours but that has never been a problem for me maybe others though.

Originally posted by drewjc
My best knicks would be by Giordana (i havent tried any of the more expensive american brands). These are italian made and sponsor teams such as ONCE (i know they dont exist any more) Panaria-Ceramiche and a few others. I got mine from online shop www.probikekit.com and they are very competitively priced. I think u can only get them in team colours but that has never been a problem for me maybe others though.

Yep....Giordana...awesome quality kit. Excellent leg/arm warmers and brilliant longsleeve winter tops.