What are your thoughts about tofu

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Tofu is made out of Soy, it has its roots from Japan and China and is widely used in South East Asian Countries. One of its unique properties is that it doesn't really have a distinct taste, it's bland and this is one of its strengths as a meat substitute. You can flavor tofu so that it could taste like poultry or meat and even fish. It's generally healthy and aids weight-loss.

Do you like tofu? Would you substitute real meat for it?

Reactions: WorkTual Desk
Tofu is the first meat substitute that I have known. I was in grade school when the so called vege-meat came to town. My mother had tried it not for the nutrients or health benefits but because vege-meat is cheaper than real meat. But to be frank about vege-meat, I didn't like the taste. Anyway, tofu is much better because we fry it brown and crispy. If you know how to make the best dip then the fried tofu will be more delicious.

I think that I’ve only ever tried tofu once, and I was too young at the time to really remember the flavor. I remember my parents buying it once out of curiosity, but they weren’t very impressed so they never bought it again. Now that I’m an adult and more familiar with East Asian cuisine, I’d love to buy some tofu and cook with it.

Sadly, now that I have the knowledge to use it in my cooking, I can’t find it anywhere in the country I currently live in. Serbia is a very meat-oriented nation so finding meat substitutes—and vegan/vegetarian food as a whole—tends to either be quite difficult or incredibly expensive.

I don't really like tofu by itself, but there are some dishes with tofu that can be pretty delicious. however, when given a choice, I would not eat a tofu meal by itself. I like other soy products, though.

One tofu dish that I don't mind eating is a deep-fried cubed tofu dish which includes mushrooms, slices of pork, onions, chillies, some soysauce, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. It's called Sauteed Pork Mushroom Tofu in Sweet and Sour Sauce and it's very delicious eaten with rice.

I like to eat tofu, this is one of my favorite street food. The fried tofu makes you feel full and I think better for people wants to avoid too much carbs from rice.

Tofu is one liquid that I always enjoy to take as a result of the fact that it is totally made of soy milk which is really good for the eyes as well as those that are looking for that drink that will keep them looking refreshed as well.

I like to eat tofu, this is one of my favorite street food. The fried tofu makes you feel full and I think better for people wants to avoid too much carbs from rice.

That's one good thing in the sense that you can use it as food anytime that you are feeling the need to eat something that doesn't have a whole lot of carbs on it.

Yeah, and this everywhere in our country, a lot of street food wherever you travel, you should just be vigilant how they cooked it and if it exposed to dust and unnecessary pollution.

That's one good thing in the sense that you can use it as food anytime that you are feeling the need to eat something that doesn't have a whole lot of carbs on it.
My cousin who lives in the US said that she never runs out of tofu in the fridge because that is her go-to food. She fries the tofu and eat it with rice using ketchup as the dip. When fried to crisp, the tofu is like pork rind which is crackling inside the mouth. That crackling sound adds to the taste, she said.

Tofu doesn't have any specific taste, so it is perfect as a substitute. I like to eat it with chopped veggies, like onion, carrots, greens, and corn. Usually, I tend to add soy sauce, and cook it on a pan until it gets kind of soft. Definitively, a very good choice whenever I want to eat something different.

My cousin who lives in the US said that she never runs out of tofu in the fridge because that is her go-to food. She fries the tofu and eat it with rice using ketchup as the dip. When fried to crisp, the tofu is like pork rind which is crackling inside the mouth. That crackling sound adds to the taste, she said.

The ease with which we can prepare tofu makes it a meal that you can make up and enjoy especially when you are busy with work or another thing that doesn't give you the opportunity to make a better meal.

The ease with which we can prepare tofu makes it a meal that you can make up and enjoy especially when you are busy with work or another thing that doesn't give you the opportunity to make a better meal.
Maybe it is the easy preparation that some people like tofu. But think of the downside that tofu is nice to eat when fried. Other types of cooking for tofu is not that palatable anymore especially when the cooking is well done and the tofu becomes soggy. In that case, I will shift to fish balls or squid balls because they are more palatable with sauce dishes.

It is an important source of protein, especially for vegans and vegetarians. It is made by coagulating soymilk to create curds.The curds are then pressed and compacted into the gelatinous white blocks recognized as tofu.