What area in australia do you ride in

I ride in Perth. Mainly from the northern suburbs of Ballajura to University down at Murdoch. (approx 32KM ride)

About half is on dedicated dual use pathways, and half on the road.. I haven't had any big dramas with riding on road, but I am always wary I'm gonna get knocked off one day.

Any other perth riders out there? E-Mail me or send me a message.

Well i did my first real bike ride yesterday (100k) i used my dads bike (frame was too big) so it was not exacly comfy but it was all mostly 70k up hill/down and i rode it conservativly as my left knee still has a ****le and still managed 25kph so im happy ;D ;D. Man the fram size makes a difference thats for sure (comfort and performance wize) i was streched :) a bit. Im Currently thinking of these to bikes to get

Giant ~ any info people? on a good giant frame its cost and weight?
Merida Extreame 909 (magnesium)frame 1.2~kg cost aus$1200

i may also get the whole bike (depends on insurance) as i cant sit on the chair forever.

I'm from sydney riding 400kms a week to work rain sun or shine having a ball. To work 12kms back home 60kms I take the long/out of way back home I also do the sutherland to waterfall X2 on saturday :)

Originally posted by Guest
I ride in Perth. Mainly from the northern suburbs of Ballajura to University down at Murdoch. (approx 32KM ride)

About half is on dedicated dual use pathways, and half on the road.. I haven't had any big dramas with riding on road, but I am always wary I'm gonna get knocked off one day.

Any other perth riders out there? E-Mail me or send me a message.

Yeah Perth rider here .......
[email protected]

I ride in Hobart. Cycle path goes for about 10k and is due to be extended. Only pain on this is people walking all over the place like they don't expect any cyclists. It's a nightmare on weekends too. Apart from the barriers at every intersection it is great in the mornings and evenings for atraffic free ride. Hobart roads and drivers are pretty cyclist unfriendly, but that's pretty much par for the course everywhere.

Plenty of hills and scenic rides though and it's not hard to find a reasonably quiet road in the nearby country.

I ride in brisbane. Mostly in the city center areas, suburban, with occasional forays into Mt Nebo and Glorious. I do the Mt.Coot-tha route a bit more often. There are some streets in brisbane that I refuse to ride along, settlement road for example, logan road, but ive never had any real problems on the inner city roads.

From where I work I can see Mt.Coot-tha and it doesnt look that high, so sometimes its nice to just sit back and think, well, it looks like its only a few kilometers from here. Few minutes there, nice climb, few minutes back, and bobs your uncle.

Havent been up there on my new bike though, have to give it a whirl one day.

Hi all,
I was based in the Gold Coast for most of my elite days, never had to much problems. Some of the best rides if you know where to go, some of the mountains are great. I never had much problem, miss the main feeding roads and you are sweet.
Loved the place for rides.

Try Auckland NZ riding thats an event every day but its all good.

I am from wollongong, (near sydney), I also do the nat park on weekends with friends or if i just want to go for a cruise i go along the bike track next to the beach but can be a pain as to many people on it and they have no idea! that a road bike doesn't like to go off the track to go around them. I also ride mnt Kiera or ride from narellan to the gong , in daylight sayings time after work.

Rod

Mountain bike: Gardiner's Creek and then Yarra Ck trails into Flinder's St Station and back to base (approx 33km and getting too easy).
Road Bike: Warragal Rd and then up and down Beach Road normally. Also, Burke Road, Plenty Road? and then up the Eltham and back...a good hill workout and great when that damn Northely wind hits the bay.

ride around the kuringai park area in sydney on the weekends. bobbin head, akuna etc. ride to uni weekdays. avg around 200-250 a week

Sydney Olympic Park, just round and round.
Also nice on the bay to bay ride, Homebush bay to Botany Bay.
Not very many Sydney siders here eh?

Originally posted by micman75
Not very many Sydney siders here eh?

Im here. Tuesday and Thursday mornings around Stadium Australia at Homebush is good for crit training. Also do Berowra waters, Pie in the Sky and Bobbin Head. Sometimes do Church Point. Also do M2 from time to time when Im not injured.

Jonny

Originally posted by theedge
what's your favorite route in Brisbane (road riding)?

favourite route in brissy is out to Brookfield and back, its so beautiful and peaceful out there and there are a few nice rollers to test the legs!!!

I'm a newbie in this area (Brisbane -Wooloowin) & just moved in. Grateful for any tips on good rides.

Cagers suck regardless where U are in the world, some more than others though.

Originally posted by nomad
I'm a newbie in this area (Brisbane -Wooloowin) & just moved in. Grateful for any tips on good rides.

Cagers suck regardless where U are in the world, some more than others though.

Hey Nomad

I dont live 2 far from you, there are plenty of rides that go out our way, Redcliffe ride is a favourite and the airport ride, there are also a few club rides that go from different places email me if you want some more details
[email protected]

theBigW

Originally posted by M2cycler
sydney. kuringai

Ditto M2cycler.

Some good hills around Terry Hills and up and down Bobbin Head.

The view along Akuna Bay/West Head is worth the last two hills!