What bearings in Campagnolo Veloce BB?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Johan, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Johan

    Johan Guest

    I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to know what bearings are in there
    so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open one handy that can read me
    the number?

    Johan Bornman

    Tags:

  2. Johan-<< I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to know what bearings are in
    there so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open one handy that can read
    me the number?

    Veloce was only cart bearings so there is no overhauling to be done-If it is an older cup and ball
    Campagnolo BB, probably 1/4 inch altho there are Record BBs that used 7/32 balls...

  3. Tc Rider

    Tc Rider Guest

    If this one of the $22 "one big chunk of metal" cartridge bottom brackets, I've always wondered how
    would I know when the thing *had* gone bad? Mine has just a tiny bit of play in it -- will there be
    grinding, excessive play, sparks, a fire, an e-mail sent from Italy... ?

    Take care TC

    Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Johan-<< I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to
    know
    > what bearings are in there so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open
    > one handy that can read me the number?
    >
    > Veloce was only cart bearings so there is no overhauling to be done-If it
    is an
    > older cup and ball Campagnolo BB, probably 1/4 inch altho there are Record
    BBs
    > that used 7/32 balls...

  4. Johan

    Johan Guest

    Yes, it is the cartridge bearing model. Surely the cartridges can be pressed off and replaced? I
    performed a similar op on a Record BB not so long ago.

    Johan Bornman