What bearings in Campagnolo Veloce BB?

Johan

Guest
I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to know what bearings are in there
so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open one handy that can read me
the number?

Johan Bornman

Johan-<< I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to know what bearings are in
there so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open one handy that can read
me the number?

Veloce was only cart bearings so there is no overhauling to be done-If it is an older cup and ball
Campagnolo BB, probably 1/4 inch altho there are Record BBs that used 7/32 balls...

If this one of the $22 "one big chunk of metal" cartridge bottom brackets, I've always wondered how
would I know when the thing *had* gone bad? Mine has just a tiny bit of play in it -- will there be
grinding, excessive play, sparks, a fire, an e-mail sent from Italy... ?

Take care TC

Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Johan-<< I'm about to overhaul a Veloce BB for a friend and would like to
know
> what bearings are in there so that I can purchase them before opening the BB. Anyone with an open
> one handy that can read me the number?
>
> Veloce was only cart bearings so there is no overhauling to be done-If it
is an
> older cup and ball Campagnolo BB, probably 1/4 inch altho there are Record
BBs
> that used 7/32 balls...

Yes, it is the cartridge bearing model. Surely the cartridges can be pressed off and replaced? I
performed a similar op on a Record BB not so long ago.

Johan Bornman