What bicycle parts?

Cliff.Bruce

Guest
I have an old Specialized Allez Epi that I have basically road into the ground the past two years.
I am fairly new to biking but I love it and decided to upgrade my bike. I purchased and
Specialized S series E5 frame and now need the components to build around it. Can somebody give me
some advice on what additional items I need and what would be good for this bike. This is what I
think I need so far:

Groupo - I will probably end up getting a Shimano Dura Ace group which will need the following. Let
me know if I am missing anything: Bottom bracket Calipers Casette Front Derailler Back Derailler
Crank Shifters Cables

Seat Seat post Bars Stem Pedals

I already have Rolf Wheels

Thanks for your assistance

You need: Ultegra bottom bracket, instead of Dura-Ace. Chain. Bar tape. Cable ends. Cable 'donuts'
& ferrules.

Do you have all the tools you need? Are you capable of assembling and tuning the bike? Get the
headset installed at your LBS. Get a tub of white lithium grease for all the threaded fittings
on the bike.

cliff.bruce wrote:
> Groupo - I will probably end up getting a Shimano Dura Ace group which will need the following.
> Let me know if I am missing anything:

Chain Headset (?)

~PB

cliff.bruce, using the address of [email protected], felt it was necessary to post to
rec.bicycles.tech with the following words of wisdom:

The frame of the World Champion, that just happens to be Italian, I could suggest nothing less than
Campagnolo Record.

--
remove the "x" if you feel that you must reply to me personally.

Tyres, rim tape.

"cliff.bruce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3Fz1a.47554$iG3.6118@sccrnsc02...
> I have an old Specialized Allez Epi that I have basically road into the ground the past two years.
> I am fairly new to biking but I love it and decided to upgrade my bike. I purchased and
> Specialized S series E5 frame and now need the components to build around it. Can somebody give me
> some advice on what additional items I need and what would be good for this
bike.
> This is what I think I need so far:
>
> Groupo - I will probably end up getting a Shimano Dura Ace group which
will
> need the following. Let me know if I am missing anything: Bottom bracket Calipers Casette Front
> Derailler Back Derailler Crank Shifters Cables
>
> Seat Seat post Bars Stem Pedals
>
> I already have Rolf Wheels
>
> Thanks for your assistance

cliff-<< Groupo - I will probably end up getting a Shimano Dura Ace group which will need the
following.

For that money, you ought to also consider Campagnolo Chorus. Very comparible to DA but for less
money, overhaulable, convertible and maintaiable levers and no worry about it becoming obsolete in
2004(like DA is gonna become).

Why would DA become obsolete in 2004? Also is Campy Record better than DA? "Qui si parla Campagnolo"

Les <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<nYC1a.55191$vm2.32667@rwcrnsc54>...
> cliff.bruce, using the address of [email protected], felt it was necessary to post to
> rec.bicycles.tech with the following words of wisdom:
>
> The frame of the World Champion, that just happens to be Italian, I could suggest nothing less
> than Campagnolo Record.

Okay, here is my reply. Cipo never won the Milano Remo until he rode Shimano. He won the road
World title on Shimano and last year was his best year. Do you know what group won the Giro (18
out of 21 stages), Vuelta, all 4 jerseys in La Tour, World Time Trials? His Specialize was built
in Northern CA.

NOW you're really opening a can of worms!

D/A is about to "upgrade" the number of gears in 2004.

On 10 Feb 2003 13:56:36 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

>cliff-<< Groupo - I will probably end up getting a Shimano Dura Ace group which will need the
>following.
>
>For that money, you ought to also consider Campagnolo Chorus. Very comparible to DA but for less
>money, overhaulable, convertible and maintaiable levers and no worry about it becoming obsolete in
>2004(like DA is gonna become).

Yes, what ever you do you don't want to lose as much sleep as I've lost worrying about the
obsolescence of my DA 8-speed STI; now entering it's eleventh year of satisfactory service. ;-)

I know all about Shimano stuff, I use it myself. If I was building a bike, Campy is where I would go
today, if I had the funds to do what I want. And his Specialized frame was actually built in Taiwan
- at least that is what the stickers say on the frame I was looking at.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious, Shimano has better advertising and marketing.....

Richard Chan, using the address of [email protected], felt it was necessary to post to

--
remove the "x" if you feel that you must reply to me personally.

"cliff.bruce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3Fz1a.47554$iG3.6118@sccrnsc02>...

> I purchased and Specialized S series E5 frame and now need the components to build around it. Can
> somebody give me some advice on what additional items I need and what would be good for this bike.
<snip> If your frame did not come with it, I find a fork to be a worthwhile investment.

At the risk of the wrath of all the LBS owners who frequent here, I'll suggest you look at Supergo
for a build kit, if you're handy with a wrench. Everything expect pressing the headset is pretty
simple and you will save a bundle.