What bicycle?

San Remo GT

Aug 17, 2005
What production bicycle will give you the highest speed for a given amount of effort on a smooth flat road on a windless day? Im assuming its gonna be one of those time trial bicycles with disc wheels front and rear. AFAIK they dont use front disc wheels outside a velodrome but what ever. I have a giant scr and I typically cruise about 18mph in such circumstances.

I thought it was going to be a picture of a naked cutie on a bike.
sad.png

It's more about fit of the bike and position of the rider than it is about the bike itself, for a given conditioning level of the rider.

Reactions: comebackkid
A white T-shirt will produce a kind of hallucination, onelyfeclothing make his shoulder expand and shorten the waist circumference, thus produce a V-shaped body, this is the epitome of masculinity. Maximize visibility

I agree with the guy above who said it is fit and rider position. The biggest factor in how fast a bike/rider combo will go by far is rider fitness followed closely by rider position on the bike. If you can cruise at 18mph sitting upright in the wind then getting into a horizontal "aero" riding position will automatically put two or three mph onto your speed. Once you have a bike that is the right size and you are able to ride in that aero position, then most future improvements in speed will come from training. A very fancy bicycle and accessories all working together which will cost thousands of dollars might be worth a few more mph, but without a strong rider as a pilot, even the latest bicycle built with the latest racing technology will not go fast enough to win any races, and even if used for touring it will be passed up by a strong rider on a much older bike.