What bike(s) comes with Ultegra 30 speed?

Lonnie Utah

Banned
Aug 21, 2004
In the market for a new bike. I've ridden quite a few so far. A couple that I really liked were the Felt F55 and the Specialized Roubix Pro.

Before I commit, I'd like to ride something with a 30 speed shimano ultegra drive train. The Specialized had a 9 speed triple and the Felt had a compact drive. On thing I like about the specialized was the triple was a 53x39x30 as opposed to the 52x42x30 "standard" triple.

So the question is, anybody know a bike(s) that comes standard with the drive train that I'd like to try (Ultegra 30)? My price range is $2000-2500 U.S.

Thanks.
L

PS. My LBS said they could do anything I wanted, for a price!!! ;) Seriously, they were really great working with me last Friday, I'd come in and they'd have a different bike for me to ride!

Lonnie Utah said:
In the market for a new bike. I've ridden quite a few so far. A couple that I really liked were the Felt F55 and the Specialized Roubix Pro.

Before I commit, I'd like to ride something with a 30 speed shimano ultegra drive train. The Specialized had a 9 speed triple and the Felt had a compact drive. On thing I like about the specialized was the triple was a 53x39x30 as opposed to the 52x42x30 "standard" triple.

So the question is, anybody know a bike(s) that comes standard with the drive train that I'd like to try (Ultegra 30)? My price range is $2000-2500 U.S.

Thanks.
L

PS. My LBS said they could do anything I wanted, for a price!!! ;) Seriously, they were really great working with me last Friday, I'd come in and they'd have a different bike for me to ride!
I would've thought if you're spending 2000-2500, you could get the LBS to upgrade you.

Lonnie Utah said:

Thanks.
L

I would've thought if you're spending 2000-2500, you could get the LBS to upgrade you.

peterlip said:
They can, and they've offered, I'm just trying to lower the hassle factor for everyone involved.

L

peterlip said:
They can, and they've offered, I'm just trying to lower the hassle factor for everyone involved.

L

Lonnie Utah said:

L
Check out the Trek 2300 triple too. Believe it's a nice ride in your price range. C'dale, Giant, Fuji and the rest have triples as well. If the LBS only has the model in a double, and you like the ride, just go ahead and order the triple version of the bike. You can be confident it's going to ride and shift as well as the Ultegra double.

I've got a 53x39x30 FSA triple, but wouldn't get hung up choosing a bike over a 39 vs 42 middle ring on a triple. When I ordered my build kit, the choice of 39 vs 42 was really a toss-up; went with the 39 since that's what I was used to.

Lonnie Utah said:

L
Check out the Trek 2300 triple too. Believe it's a nice ride in your price range. C'dale, Giant, Fuji and the rest have triples as well. If the LBS only has the model in a double, and you like the ride, just go ahead and order the triple version of the bike. You can be confident it's going to ride and shift as well as the Ultegra double.

I've got a 53x39x30 FSA triple, but wouldn't get hung up choosing a bike over a 39 vs 42 middle ring on a triple. When I ordered my build kit, the choice of 39 vs 42 was really a toss-up; went with the 39 since that's what I was used to.

dhk said:
I've got a triple with a 42 on it now. I feel it's a bit too big for the terrain around here. Lot's of hills and bigger climbs. I find that quite often the 42 is to big and the 30 is too small. The FSA stuff seems nice, or at least nicer than what I have now....

L

dhk said:
I've got a triple with a 42 on it now. I feel it's a bit too big for the terrain around here. Lot's of hills and bigger climbs. I find that quite often the 42 is to big and the 30 is too small. The FSA stuff seems nice, or at least nicer than what I have now....

L