What Bike(s) do you ride?

Originally posted by ireman_1
I have an '03 Santa Cruz Heckler built up for all-around clydesdale fun. Z-1 QR 20 FR, full XT (discs, cranks, etc) Sun/Ringle' Singlewide rims, easton bits, blah, blah, blah...

I slide around town sometimes on a Dino (GT basically) cruiser. It's one of the "funky" retro grouch cruisers. I have not done much to it, but replace the stock ape hanger bars with some extreeeem ape hangers and an old style set-back bmx seat post. It has a weird internally geared hub and drum brakes. Not exactly high performance, but a kick to ride with the Mrs.

My ol' lady has a vintage Scwinn (chrome springers, fenders, tanks, etc). We are trying to find a cool basket for it that works with the springer fork and how it sticks out weird. I'm always jealous that everyone comments on her bike and not mine! Maybe I'll steal her bike, you think she'd notice?

K.
:eek:

Originally posted by ireman_1
I have an '03 Santa Cruz Heckler built up for all-around clydesdale fun. Z-1 QR 20 FR, full XT (discs, cranks, etc) Sun/Ringle' Singlewide rims, easton bits, blah, blah, blah...

I slide around town sometimes on a Dino (GT basically) cruiser. It's one of the "funky" retro grouch cruisers. I have not done much to it, but replace the stock ape hanger bars with some extreeeem ape hangers and an old style set-back bmx seat post. It has a weird internally geared hub and drum brakes. Not exactly high performance, but a kick to ride with the Mrs.

My ol' lady has a vintage Scwinn (chrome springers, fenders, tanks, etc). We are trying to find a cool basket for it that works with the springer fork and how it sticks out weird. I'm always jealous that everyone comments on her bike and not mine! Maybe I'll steal her bike, you think she'd notice?

K.
:eek: Hi

Well for the road I ride a Casati Geo steel frame in red with Mavic Krysium Sl wheels - beautiful...

If not on that it is a Ron Cooper Steel frame in Silver.

For the rough stuff Rocky Mountain Vertex TO with Pace forks RC36 - a real gem and lighter than the road machines.

Just get out and ride.

Jon

A 1974 Raleigh International, not totally correct, with Nuovo Record components, Weinmann brakes and GB Randonnneur bars. Oh yes, those beautiful chrome lugs, too.

My second bike is a Raleigh Competition GS dating back to about 1978.

I love the classics!

Road - Cannondale R800 CADD5 that I upgraded to Dura Ace drivetrain, Mavi Ksyrium Elite wheels and a Selle Italia Trans Am seat. Sweet ride...

TT - is work in progress! So far: Van Dessel frame and Ultegra drivetrain and the rest of the left overs from the road bike upgrades. (I'm training indoors on it over winter ready for next season...)

Originally posted by Rabid Koala
A 1974 Raleigh International, not totally correct, with Nuovo Record components, Weinmann brakes and GB Randonnneur bars. Oh yes, those beautiful chrome lugs, too.

I love the classics!

Originally posted by Rabid Koala

I love the classics!

Hi - My Cooper is 1983 so not quite as old as your Raleigh but it is definitely a more interesting ride than the latest machines on the market.

I love to think how many TDF have come and gone since the frame was lovingly crafted...

You did ask....

-I ride a 2003 Orbea XLR8R click here . Carbon rear triangle, Columbus tubing, and a Renolds fork.
-Dura Ace drivetrain including my training wheels (DA hubs, OP rims)
-Mavic brakes
-Ritchey WCS handlebar, stem, seatpost
-Sella-Italia SLK saddle
-I race on either Spinergy Rev-X wheels or DA hubs laced up to 28 spoke Sun tubular rims

Originally posted by cpa
2003 Guerciotti Twister.
Dedacciai Scandium 61.10 KET
Deda BlackTail2 / Black Box Full Carbon Rear.
'03 Chorus Grouppo
'03 FSA Team Issue Crank
Campy Zondas
FSA K-Force Light Carbo Seatpost
San Marco Era K Saddle
Deda 215 Bar
Look Carbostem
Look A5.1's
Rubino Pro's

AND IT ALL ARRIVES FROM ITALY ON MONDAY !
Can't wait !!!

Well, it has arrived...... but someone stuffed the order up and I happened to get the top of range U2 Aluminium frame..... the Eureka, instead........ for the same price !!!!!!!!!
They weren't going to make me wait another 12 weeks for the right frame... bonus !?
Picking it up tonight..

Specs..... NOW

2003 Guerciotti Eureka.
Dedacciai U2
Deda BlackTail Race Carbon Seat Stays
Deda Black Magic 2 Fork.
'03 Chorus Groupset
'03 FSA Team Issue Crank
2004 Campy Zondas
San Marco Era K Saddle
Deda 215 Bar
Look Carbostem
Look A5.1's
Rubino Pro's

Originally posted by cpa
Well, it has arrived...... but someone stuffed the order up and I happened to get the top of range U2 Aluminium frame..... the Eureka, instead........ for the same price !!!!!!!!!
They weren't going to make me wait another 12 weeks for the right frame... bonus !?
Picking it up tonight..

Specs..... NOW

2003 Guerciotti Eureka.
Dedacciai U2
Deda BlackTail Race Carbon Seat Stays
Deda Black Magic 2 Fork.
'03 Chorus Groupset
'03 FSA Team Issue Crank
2004 Campy Zondas
San Marco Era K Saddle
Deda 215 Bar
Look Carbostem
Look A5.1's
Rubino Pro's

How much does a 2003 Guerciotti Eureka cost? Also how much does it weigh? Looks a nice frame on the net

For Burning Man: I ride a beater Huffy single speed that can handle the playa dust and the intense August heat. Tires are underinflated because of the heat. It is decorated with pink fun fur on the seat and a dried squash that looks like a lingam on the handlebars. The latter, a trophy I made at the '03 Burn, sports a smokin' choo-choo train on the shaft.

For the road: Serrotta Concours (53 cm/titanium), Ultegra soon to be Record (10 sp), and Rolf Vector Pro Wheelset. Very comfy. Great climber. I'm cjanging my pedals though-- have had it with my LOOK. I'm thinking of going to Speedplay or back to the tried and true Shimano SPD. My shoes are Carnac Legend-- but I baked those in the oven last week and I need to replace them soon. Carnac Quartz or Sidi for chics? Quandry.

Peace,
M

Originally posted by rossoreduk
How much does a 2003 Guerciotti Eureka cost? Also how much does it weigh? Looks a nice frame on the net

Just got in from my 1st ride.
This thing is LIGHT... and stiff.
A 55cm frame is 1050g... This Dedacciai U2 stuff is unbelievable.
It's got nearly twice the tensile strength of anything else going around at the moment.
haven't weighed my bike yet (I ordered a build..... XXL with 4cm sloping tube - wanted a slope as I reckon big square frames look like farm gates)... but it's gotta be sub 8kg... that's good for a big bike.
XXL = 579mm tt c-c , 555mm st c-c (600mm c - top)

I can't take my eyes off it...... it is beautiful.
Oh... and the ride......

I don't know what the price is, but the frame I ordered (the Twister) is AU$3340..... I got a AU$4000 ++ (Eureka) for the same price due to the mix-up of the order.... 'bout time I got a stroke of good luck.
The Bike shop have been great... I think it is all going to prove well worth the wait.

Originally posted by rossoreduk

Hi again,
Just got it home, and couldn't wait to take some pics.
Thought you might like a look !

Woah, seriously nice bike man! The Zonda's go really well with the frame and even ur seat matches ur decals well! I'll be asking santa for one, and if he doesnt produce i'll be beating him up!

Originally posted by cpa
Hi again,
Just got it home, and couldn't wait to take some pics.
Thought you might like a look !

CPA- Sweet ride! Your seat height looks to be very high and I'm a bit curious to know how many cm's your drop is? Good luck getting it dialed in.

Originally posted by 1x1
CPA- Sweet ride! Your seat height looks to be very high and I'm a bit curious to know how many cm's your drop is? Good luck getting it dialed in.

Yeah, well I'm 6'4" and quite proportional for a big guy.
i.e, I'm tall, but not all legs & arms.

Seat height it 830mm. The drop is 100mm, but have no probs with that (quite a flexible back).

That's not to say it won't all be adjusted. Time will tell. As you'll see, the fork is still uncut, with spacers above the stem, so I can adjust it up/down at will.
Glad you like it !....... I'm stoked with it.

Rossoreduk : the decals on the wheels, crank and seatpost are just a jag....... It all looks like it's a factory colour schemed bike !
The Twister I ordered was predominantly Red, with a bit of silver.
(The actual bike I test rode features in The current issue of Bicycling Australia - - - got a great review).

The colours of the components just match the new frame perfectly..... :D The only thing I might change is the saddle. The one shown is off my old bike. It goes OK, but a black & silver San Marco might just polish it off ?