Originally posted by EastCoast
2004 Look KG 386i (Carbon)
  • Campagnolo Chorus-10
  • Ritchey WCS OS stem & handlebar
  • Mavic Ksyrium Elite Clincher
  • Vittoria Open Corsa CX EVO-K 700x23 Red
  • Selle Italia Flite Titanium
16.5 lbs. w/o pedals

Wow wot a bike! Look bikes are awesome, ur a lucky man! Hey wots she like to ride? Wots ur seat post?

10 year old Avanti Sprint - major NZ/Australia brand, local Giant OCR3 equivalent

Original specs (and as purchased second hand):

CrMo frame
Shimano Exage 300EX groupset
Araya rims

Updated specs (what I've changed):

Shimano RSX STI shifters/bake levers - death to down tube shifters
Sora front derailleur - replaced damaged original
Topeak Intercool racing saddle - gotta be comfy
Look pedals

11kg

Not quite as cool as some of the other bikes.

On the wish list for next year is an upgrade to something constructed of aluminium and carbon, 105 minimum and much lighter.

Lindsay

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Hey Simple question, what bikes you people ride?

For my X-C Riding......I have an Orange E8 on Full XTR with X-lite Stems, Handlebars and Seat post. Wheels are Mavic 317's on panaracer tyres. And my back side sits on a Selle Italia Pro Link Saddle.

check out www.orange-bikes.co.uk

For my Road Riding......... I have a Ridley Icarus....Its made of Columbus Airplane tubing. Ridley seem to be doing well in the cyclo-cross. Its on Record. Wheels are Mavic CXP33's. Stem and handle bars are ITM Millenium. The saddles a Selle Italia Flite. Im currently waiting for that carbon Record crank, it's still not out here yet in UK.

Check out www.ridley-bikes.com

WOT SAY U??????????
I had a giant factory made Boulder SE which a friend cracked the fork on, so if anyone wants a nice boulder, fork split below crown, talk to me. I just bought a Trek Liquid 10, all travel is adj. I'm gonna freeride with the travel extended(6 in max front, 6 in. rear.)But I intend to race with front set to 3.5 in. and back at 4 in. She's a beauty. XT crank set. Hayes discs. Handles great too.

Originally posted by rossoreduk
wots the benefit of having a 700c wheel instead of a regular 650c wheel?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was down in Phoenix this weekend enjoying some sweet desert single track!

700c mountain bike wheels (aka 29" mtb wheels) roll and climb over obstacles with greater ease because the angle at which the wheel hits an obstacle is less than a standard 650c mtb wheel. 29" wheels also float through sand better than 26" wheels because the contact patch is greater.

Disadvantages include wheel weight, slightly increased friction (due to the larger contact patch), and a slight loss of maneuverability in tight, sharp-cornered single track.

Mtbreview.com has an excellent forum on the subject.

Thanks for the interest!
James

Originally posted by jmcmillanut
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was down in Phoenix this weekend enjoying some sweet desert single track!

700c mountain bike wheels (aka 29" mtb wheels) roll and climb over obstacles with greater ease because the angle at which the wheel hits an obstacle is less than a standard 650c mtb wheel. 29" wheels also float through sand better than 26" wheels because the contact patch is greater.

Disadvantages include wheel weight, slightly increased friction (due to the larger contact patch), and a slight loss of maneuverability in tight, sharp-cornered single track.

Mtbreview.com has an excellent forum on the subject.

Thanks for the interest!
James
You are lucky. I wish I was down in AZ for some biking. Turns out we got 6 in of snow today and its still coming down!!!!MAKE IT STOP. I'm going to AZ over x-mas for some time away from cold.brrr.Its gonna be a long winter.yikes!I'm already saying that.uh-oh

depeding on where you go in az, could be cold or warm
but where I am we're expecting a weekend between 60-70 degrees F and next week 70+ all week ( wooohoooo !)
nice 4 cycling 4 sure, come get warm

that being said
I'm riding a Giant TCR 04 as of yesterday (merry x-mas)

Road:
I just picked up an older Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra this week
Frame: Columbus SLX
Cranks: Campagnolo Mirage 52/42,
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo similar to C Record
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo, Super Record
Shifters: Campagnolo, 8 speed ergo - also got a set of downtube shifters
Brakeset: Campagnolo
Hubs: Campagnolo
Rims: Mavic CXP 10
Tires: Michelin, Axial Kevlar
Stem: 110
Handlebars: Profile 42 (thinking of changing to my Colnago)
Saddle: Turbo Seat

Mountain:
Cannondale F400
Recently updated to a complete new Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes.
Mavic wheels
Coda seat
RockShok suspension seat post

i used to ride a gitane pro tour de france ('72) frame with a ghetto fixed gear conversion that never failed me. it hit a car... really hard. damn was his car f*cked up. i was lucky though, but my gitane on the other hand did not make it out alive. not i took what i had left and built up an even more ghetto fixed gear on the only frame i could find that fit me. that would be a schwinn sprint, and it has to be the absolute frame ive ever rode on. it cant do a damn thing but be REALLY F*CKING HEAVY. :mad:

now im still looking for decent older steel frames, with geometry that doesnt suck. if you would like to help me out by either looking, or have any frames to buy i need anywhere from a 48 - 51cm (c-t).

if any of yall are in cleveland on a wednesday night, besides to night (new years eve) theres a group of us that meet at public square at 8 or 9pm. we ride... drink... ride more. some times we do bad things like break into the zoo and ride around. we are accepting of anyone on a 2 maybe even 3 wheeled human powered machine, youre not limited to fixies, but we are.

I ride a Ritchey break Away and a 2003 Cannondale Iron Man 2000 as commuter bike during the week. When I feel hitting the dirt, I take out my Cannondale m400 Sobe mountain bike and for no reason at all, I somtimes ride a bike I built myself with a seat and handle bars that are over 5 feet off the ground.

For the commute to work (if warm enough), cheap Chinese cruiser. I lock it up outside and don't worry anyone touching it, since it is so cheap. This thing blows off all the stress of the workday on the way home, and for this I owe it a world of gratitude.

For the trails, I have an '03 Santa Cruz Heckler. I eye it longingly when I work out in the mornings in my garage when it's too cold (or rainy) to ride to work. She's so much fun, I wish someone would pay me to ride her instead of going to work every day. Silly fantasy, I know.

Don't have a road bike anymore, been thinking of getting a tandem to ride with my husband.

I Ride a Giant TCR Aluminium with Carbone fork and seat post. Rest is equiped with Campa. But the Campa sucks at the moment and its gona be replaced before the season starts. New derailleur front and back, new cranks, and hopefully new wheels.

See pics on http://www.humlebaek.com/cycling.html

Originally posted by Cipher
This is what I will be riding come spring... ;)

I like the colour of your bike. Nice tree, too. Is it a Red Oak?.....byfred