What Bike would suit

Thomo

Feb 20, 2007
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum as you can see, although i have been a regular reader for many months now. I'm in the process of choosing my first semi serious road bike. I will be using it initially for my daily commute/training (35k round trip) and one or two group rides per week. Afterwards i will be taking up triathalon and would like to use the bike as my training bike.

The bikes i have been looking at are:

Giant OCR 1 (105)
Scott Speedster 20 (105)
Cell Victor (Ultegra + Carbon)
Cell Triumph (105/Ultegra)

I can see that the Scott is a terrific bike, but it is also the most expensive. My concern about the Giant is that it is designed for an upright/comfort position and i'm worried it won't be suitable for a training bike. I can see that the cell bikes offer excellent value, but what is their quality and ridability like?? If i could cap the price at $2000AUD i would be happy, anything less than that is a bonus. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thomo

I always vote for the Scott bikes. I plan on getting a CR-1 this year. All reviews seem to agree that Scott bikes are top value performance bikes.

reallyoldpunk said:
I always vote for the Scott bikes. I plan on getting a CR-1 this year. All reviews seem to agree that Scott bikes are top value performance bikes.

I will second this.

I would definitely go for the Scott. I just got a CR-1 Pro a couple of months ago and absolutely love it! It maybe the most expensive, but Scott is a great maker and it's got great components for the money!