What Bike??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by samuel3699, Aug 26, 2006.

1. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member

I Have Never Had A Road Bike And Am Only 13 Years Old. I Have Been Inspired By Watching 3 Tour De Frances And Cycling Longer Rides. I Was Wondering If The Decathlon Sport 1 Ltd Is A Good Bike It Is Cheap And A Beginners I Am Looking For A Bike I Can Use To Travel To School And Go On 20-30+ Mile Rides. I Would Like To Know More About The Bike Or If There Is Any Other Fairly Cheap Good Road Bikes???? Thanks

Tags:

2. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member

Do You Also Know If I Can Get It In The Romford Shop???

3. fauxpas

fauxpas New Member

I'm wondering if you can strike up a deal with your LBS for a guaranteed buy-back scheme till your body stops growing?

You could still grow till 16-18yo and maybe gain (like some of my mates did) 6-12 inches in height.

You could be going through a bike a year till you stopped growing.

4. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member

Thanks But Does Anyone Know About The Decathlon Bike???

5. bobbyOCR

bobbyOCR New Member

Giant OCR series. They are very good beginners bikes. I started on an OCR3 hence the name. Only recently upgraded. I race now so the OCR wasn't doing it, so I got a BMC. Decathlon hasn't reached Australia and probably never will. I couldn't tell you.

6. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member

7. Eastway82

Eastway82 New Member

I don't know abut the Sport 1 specifically, but most Decathlon stuff is pretty good, well-specced and very well priced (I live in France, where there are Decathlons everywhere, and I get a lot of stuff from there). They also tend to have fairly knowledgable staff (not the case at places like Halfrauds). Normally you can get any Decathlon product at any Decathlon shop, but you may have to do a special order. Good luck, and as somene else said, think hard about what size you buy - Make sure there's room to grow into it!

8. samuel3699

samuel3699 New Member