What bottom bracket do I need?

Boyd Speerschne

Guest
Hello,

I have an old Fuji team bike which I am renovating. I just had it repainted. When I took it apart, I
was careful to write the bottom bracket, headset, and seatpost size down. But I lost the paper on
which this stuff was written :( Now I need to know what size bottom bracket I need. The seatpost and
headset I can figure out.

The bottom bracket is 68mm standard shell size. It will have a Shimano 105 double square-splined
crankset put on it. The crankset part # is FC-01056.

Thanks in advance,

- Boyd S.

I believe you can find the answer at http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize

Sheldon "Numbers" Brown +----------------------------------------------+
| 31/August 1, M.I.T. Kresge Auditorium | Cambridge, Mass http://web.mit.edu/gsp/www/ |
+----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote in news:3F26CDB5.2090600 @sheldonbrown.com:

> Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
>
>> I have an old Fuji team bike which I am renovating. I just had it repainted. When I took it
>> apart, I was careful to write the bottom bracket, headse
> t, and seatpost size down.
>> But I lost the paper on which this stuff was written :( Now I need to know what size bottom
>> bracket I need. The seatpost and headset I can figure out.
>>
>> The bottom bracket is 68mm standard shell size. It will have a Shimano 105 double square-splined
>> crankset put on it. The crankset part # is FC-01056.
>
> I believe you can find the answer at http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize

>| I will be making my grand opera debut in a | Concert Performance of Bizet’s Carmen | July
>| 31/August 1, M.I.T. Kresge Auditorium | Cambridge, Mass http://web.mit.edu/gsp/www/ |
> +----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone
> 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

Thank you Sheldon!!!! You're the best.

- Boyd S.

ps. When are you going to do an article on handlebar tape (hint hint)? ;)