What brand of bike do you ride?

Anyone else here do primarily trail biking? I used to road cycle a lot, but when my Fuji finally bit the dust years ago I borrowed a friend's trail bike and got hooked on rocks, grit, mud, and the woods. I bought a GT all terra, and luckily I live just adjacent to a Florida state park. I made myself a short-cut through the palmettos (my own personal park entrance) so I can get on the back trails with no fuss.

Whereas I enjoy watching road cycling as much as anything except my wife naked, my own riding preference is on a back trail with the alligators, snakes, and armadillo. I do have a distance computer, though, and every now and then I'll join one of the seasonal day tours that the local bike shops sponsor around here. Last year I took part in a 60 mile ride, with a course that was a shorter loop of a century. When some of the century riders passed me, I got a snide comment from some guy on what looked like a $5,000 road bike, who said something about how it felt riding with all that rubber touching the road. I smiled back, pointed off the road to an endless vista of Florida swampland and canopy, and told the schmoe I'd be happy to race him out that way and give him a substantial head start.

One thing's for sure. Being on a bike, whether it be on the road or picking my way through a some burned out pine flatwoods, is the second-best experience I can hope for in life. As for the first, well, I already mentioned my naked wife . . .

I completely understand about watching the wife naked! I love mine too...:)

Not much into the off-road cycling, but I just picked up a Jeep Rubicon so I'll be hitting the trails too.:cool:

jitmo said:
32, i believe. Why all the dogging of wilmar13?? Anyhoo, my ride is a Fuji Team. Ultegra kit.
I think it is closer to 28. 30 kph is 18.6 mph.

I ride a Trek 1500 with components from a 2001 Cannondale R600, I believe. I had to get new components when the frame of my 1993 Trek 1200 broke, and Trek replaced the frame for free. That won my loyalty, at least for now!

YIMan said:
I'd love a Colnago road bike ala the nice black ones CSC(is it?) ride.
Wasn't Rasmussen on one of those last stage? That would make it Rabobank. Lovely bike, but aren't they all?

Mine is a 2003 Giant TCR2 (alloy).

artemidorus said:
Wasn't Rasmussen on one of those last stage? That would make it Rabobank. Lovely bike, but aren't they all?
Yes, I'm sure that's where I was lusting over it....

rejobako said:
Anyone else here do primarily trail biking?
More by necessity than design, yes. I live in Nottingham Uk and there are a few canal paths, bridleways etc around me....which are much safer than riding on the rough uk road surfaces being harrassed by ignoramusses in cars.

Lived in South-west France for a year ten years ago which was a completely different road biking experience - smooth road surfaces, considerate drivers, lots of friendly cyclists out and about.

PS - Can you post a link to some pics of your wife so we can judge for ourselves?

:D

YIMan said:
PS - Can you post a link to some pics of your wife so we can judge for ourselves?

:D
Hmmmmm; whereas I'm quite proud of her and wouldn't ordinarily have any objections to doing so, considering the context of the request (as prompted by my own lasciviousness), I'd better decline. She's attractive, but Italian, and quite volatile. I'm also concerned because she happens to be looking over my shoulder as I'm typing this. . . . .:eek:

rejobako said:
Hmmmmm; whereas I'm quite proud of her and wouldn't ordinarily have any objections to doing so, considering the context of the request (as prompted by my own lasciviousness), I'd better decline. She's attractive, but Italian, and quite volatile. I'm also concerned because she happens to be looking over my shoulder as I'm typing this. . . . .:eek:
Italian? Yikes.....might I add that it was my kid brother who typed the earlier message if any retribution comes my way........

'03 S&M PBR - My bmx bike, grrrrr...
'03 Gunnar Street Dog - My fixed gear
'05 Giant TCR Advanced T-Mobile - My road bike.

I started off by riding a bmx bike all the time then I started to part-time at a bike shop while I was finishing my way through college. I then wanted to get a nice road bike but couldnt afford one at the time, so I got a fixed gear bike. Then once I graduated college I bought myself a nice road bike as a graduation present to myself.

old bike norco scrambler 2000
new bike specialized Expedition sport 2005 (just got it this weekend)

Marin Hard Tail for the MTNs and hardcore street hopping

PUSH converted to to fixed gear/SS for the road and hauling ass

Love 'em both

Ride road on: Cannondale R1000 CAAD7

Commute on: 10 year old Trek 850 mountain bike with skinnies

Gary Fisher Zebrano ... needed something for gravel roads too. I dont know better bikes since I never owned one this fancy.

Before that I had a 1960's track bike.

That thing was really fast!