What brand of bike do you ride?

Zonieboy said:
You're gonna laugh but I ride a Cadillac.
b_rle18_l.jpg

But since it was FREE, I'd give it a 10 all day long. (and believe me I've heard all the "Where's the On-Star Button" Jokes!)
From what I have been told, the Cadillac bikes are made by Fuji...unless someone else knows...

For training, a Cannondale (don't know the model)
For racing, a Cervelo P3

I like them both, no complaints. I haven't owned, or ridden, any other bikes in the last decade, so I have no way to rate them.

graphixgeek said:
From what I have been told, the Cadillac bikes are made by Fuji...unless someone else knows...

They were certainly made by someone without any taste. Freaking ugly they are. I guess someone thinks it's a great marketing tool to sell ugly, piggish cars, though.

Kestrel Talon w/Ultegra. I love everything about it. 10/10.

Trek 5500 w/Ultegra. Nice, but an early model with flexy forks. 7/10.

Specialized Stumpjumper w/Deore XT. My hop on and go putt around town bike. Does everything I want it to do well. 9/10.

I have a Cannondale & a Bridgestone. Where I would put them on the 1-10 scale depends on too many variables to be of use here.

bmx - eastern reaper frame... too much else to list rating: 9.3785

road - '06 trek 1500 rating: 7

mtb - '07 trek 4300 disc rating: 7

New school:
Road - Color> Felt Alu\Carbon. Comfort=7.5 Performance=9.5

Rain bike\trail\commuter - (2003) Color> Trek 7300FX. Comfort= 8 Performance= 8 Practicality= 10.

Old School:

Schwinn - '87' Color> Worldsport Steel. Comfort= 10 Performance= 8.5 Looks= 10 Coolness= 10.

Wife's bike:

Road - '80' Color> Nishiki Steel. Comfort= 10 Performance= 9 (slow shifting but great power transfer) Looks= 9.5 Coolness=10
-

alienator said:
They were certainly made by someone without any taste. Freaking ugly they are. I guess someone thinks it's a great marketing tool to sell ugly, piggish cars, though.
Haha! I agree!
tongue.gif
I know Fuji makes frames for in-house brands such as Nashbar and Tirreno. Looking at the Caddilac frame (that just sounds weird) it resembles a Fuji frame...most noatbly where the carbon seat stays meet the seatpost...

My 6 road bikes from favorite to least favorite:

2006 CF Cervelo Soloist ergomo pro Zipp 404 clincher or Campy Eurus Chorus / Record mix definitely my best bike for everything - 10
2005 Kestrel Talon Ksyrium SL FSA Superlight Polar Power - 2nd best workout bike - 9.8
2004? AL Cervelo Soloist Team Dura Ace 9 HED 3 wheels Polar Power FSA Superlight - best lockable bike for transportion - 9.5
2006 Raleigh Prestige stock modified with 2005 Ritchey Protocol wheels Stronglight Pulsion crank Polar Power Ultegra 10 - my training / racing bike because it's not too expensive, and it's actually my lightest bike too - 8.3
2004.5 Giant OCR 1 with Performance Titan wheels and 2 Jandd Commuter panniers - used to best the best commuter bike until the Trek Pilot spa bikes came out - 8.5 very comfy geometry
2002 Giant TCR Aero 2 - Dura ACE Ultegra & 105 Polar Power - my cheapest workout bike for transportation, biking in bad neighborhoods or bad weather, there's still a use for cheap bikes, and to test it against a high end bike too - 7.2

My 2 mtn bikes from favorite to least favorite:
Shimano XT Firex modified department store Pacific 24" mtn bike with 2 Jandd panniers - this is for bad weather biking / shopping like in winter with a lot of snow but then I still like my OCR 1 - 7.5, hit 27.6 mph on it flats no wind
2002 Cannondale F600 stock with Armadillo tires - this is a good hardtail, but it's slow. Will put a gas engine on it in the future from bikeengines.com and make it a motorcycle - 5.0 because it's slow

My 6 bmx bikes from favorite to least favorite:
Custom 1983 Hutch Pro Racer Hutch pedals & wheels / true old school bmx freestyle bike maybe worth $1500 - 9, because the geometry feels a little funny when doing bike tricks, but the best thing about it is that it's light at 26 lbs, and most modern bmx freestyle bikes are 32 lb tanks
2000 DiamondBack Venom modified with Profile cranks and Spin wheels - 9 very fast and good freestyle geometry but it's somewhat heavy
1987 Haro Master - bought it from ebay but never assembled it yet then found it has a stretched head tube with some play - this replaces the Haro Master that was stolen from me when I was a kid. I prefer any old school bmx bike than to today's modern tank heavy bmx bikes, so maybe this rates an 8.3 since I never rode it yet!
2000 custom built PK Ripper (pre Fuji) - thought it's be a dream freestyle bike but with poor brake action it rates an 8.2 not to heavy
1999 stock Univega Super G - my lightest bmx bike at 25 lbs, bought it to modify it for freestyle but never did, so it sits unused. But this bike had potential and they say it might be a classic - 8
2000 Scwhinn Powermatic Mag - thought it was a great bike because of Jay Myron's tricks, especially his front wheel rolls, but this bike is a tank and is heavy so I think it sucks because you need a lot of muscles to do freestyle tricks on it - 5, - it'll be a good kid's bike

Yes, I have too many bikes and they're worth $25K

Should stop thinking about getting a Trek Pilot spa (will sell the OCR 1 for it), or a classic old school Hutch Trickstar,
or a Cervelo P3

Would additionally get a R3, a top of the line BMC, a Zipp disk, - if I won the lotto.

I'll post a thread showing off all my bikes when I go back to Chicago. I'm in a temp job in Houston and I hate biking here. Have to bike in the streets / haven't found a bike path as interesting as Chicago's Lake Shore Drive.

GMC denali, 8/10. It's a tad heavy, the rimtape is of poor quality, and the revo shifters are odd. I'm still unsure how cutting the handlebars, putting on revos, putting the bars back together, and using a shim to make it fit was cheaper than low end "normal" shifters. Either way it works, and amazingly, the stock seat is livable. All in all the rating stands.

2006 Cannondale Six-13, Dura Ace 10, Mavic Ksyrium SSC-SL, I love it (10)
2003 Trek 2300, Ultegra 9, good for training and as back up bike (7)