what brand of helmet is everybody using???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Lone Wolf, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tristan

    Tristan Guest

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  4. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    "Tristan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Giro Havac, pea green.
    |
    | -T

    Same here, but blue. Before that was pea (pee?) green.

    I heat up really good and the Havoc has plenty of vents for my noggin to cool off.

    Unfortunately those same vents have gotten my shaven dome stung by yellow jackets twice in the
    last 6 months.

    --
    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  5. lone wolf wrote:

    > i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/
    > a visor. just curious what everbody is using
    >
    > http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage

    Lance wears a Giro. I want to be like Lance. I wear a Giro.

  6. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    You won't be anything like Lance until at least 2010 coz you'll need to win a few TdF between now and then:D
    I wear a Bell Xc helmet and a Netti AXN full face.
    Both are good.
    The Bell has taken a fair beating (had a tree fall on me after a bushfire):eek:

    Depends how much you think your head is worth really....

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  8. I have a Rosebank helmet, you know those cheapie ones Hello and Bye :)

  9. Ran Dather

    Ran Dather Guest

    On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:43:50 -0800, "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> blurted:

    >"Tristan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >| Giro Havac, pea green.
    >|
    >| -T
    >|

    >Same here, but blue. Before that was pea (pee?) green.
    >
    >I heat up really good and the Havoc has plenty of vents for my noggin to cool off.
    >
    >Unfortunately those same vents have gotten my shaven dome stung by yellow jackets twice in the last
    >6 months.
    >
    >--
    >FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

    I don't use a helmet, I'd rather be freestylin it. I'm a better rider than most of y'all and I'm
    smart too so I don't crash nearly as much as you luzers PLUS when I do crash it's not that bad and I
    can just use my hands to cover up /me GQ head.

    P.S. - Brits, PLEASE go brush your teeth!

    --
    "<the spurs are the best team ever>" -Louise [email protected], 2/2/3

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "lone wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/ a
    > visor. just curious what everbody is using
    >
    > http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage

    To be honest, I don't really know what it is. It's black and has Avanti on a coupla little plates in
    places, and "Exo" on others, so I suppose it's an Avanti "Exo". Best of all it fits my big noggin
    and budget and wasn't lime bloody green like some of the other offerings at the time.

    Westie

  11. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Ran Dather" <Bush'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:43:50 -0800, "FlyingCoyote"
    <[email protected]>
    > blurted:
    >
    > >"Tristan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >| Giro Havac, pea green.
    > >|
    > >| -T
    > >|

    > >Same here, but blue. Before that was pea (pee?) green.
    > >
    > >I heat up really good and the Havoc has plenty of vents for my noggin to cool off.
    > >
    > >Unfortunately those same vents have gotten my shaven dome stung by yellow jackets twice in the
    > >last 6 months.
    > >
    > >--
    > >FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    >
    > I don't use a helmet, I'd rather be freestylin it. I'm a better rider than
    most
    > of y'all and I'm smart too so I don't crash nearly as much as you luzers
    PLUS
    > when I do crash it's not that bad and I can just use my hands to cover up
    /me
    > GQ head.
    >
    > P.S. - Brits, PLEASE go brush your teeth!
    >

    > --
    > "<the spurs are the best team ever>" -Louise [email protected], 2/2/3

    I suppose asking why on Earth you cross-posted this to several basketball groups is just asking for
    trouble....

    Westie

  12. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "lone wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/ a
    > visor. just curious what everbody is using

    Giro Helios for the road bike. Giro Gila for xc riding. Giro Mad Max 2 for the DH'ing. And
    some buckethead bmx helmet (can't remember the brand, took the stickers off) that I use for
    trials riding...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  13. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (lone wolf) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/
    > > a visor. just curious what everbody is using
    > >
    > > http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage
    >
    > a blue one
    >
    > JD

    Snap! I got the exact same colour (blue!).

    That means I'm like way rad kewl too just like wot you are!

    Shaun aRe

  16. Dave

    Dave Guest

  17. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  18. lone wolf wrote:
    > i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/
    > a visor. just curious what everbody is using
    >
    > http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage

    -- the important part -- Whatever fits my head.

    -- the not so important part -- Bell X-Ray for XC. Replaced a Giro Gila (cracked), which replaced a
    Giro Exodus (stolen in AZ) Leedom Scream High Performance for skiing (yeah SNELL rating)

    Jon Bond

  19. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > lone wolf wrote:
    >> i am in need of a new one ( seeing as i currently dont have one) I think I'm gonna get a giro w/
    >> a visor. just curious what everbody is using
    >>
    >> http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage
    >>

    > -- the important part -- Whatever fits my head.
    >
    > -- the not so important part -- Bell X-Ray for XC. Replaced a Giro Gila (cracked), which replaced
    > a Giro Exodus (stolen in AZ) Leedom Scream High Performance for skiing (yeah SNELL rating)
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Red giro, replaces one cracked by a headfirst launch into a boulder on an Idaho ride. Vented Boeri
    for skiing Pink pro-tec for white water.

    penny